Friday, January 13, 2017

Winter Blooms

Hello all! Hope your week is ending on a creative high note! I am not sure about you but my neck of the woods could use a warm up! That's why it was fun to take some time this week to snuggle in, grab a cuppa joe and just take some time to color and create!

Here's a little peek at what I whipped up!

And here's why I decided to color up the flower that I did! 


Just in case you missed it, you can click HERE to find out all about this month's Power & Spark Winter Blooms Challenge hosted by the lovely and talented Stacy Morgan! 

On to my creation! I started by stamping bits and pieces from the Power Poppy clear stamp set Glistening Paperwhites. If you look at the set, you can see there are buds and branches and single flowers just waiting to be stacked, cut and colored up! 


And so.... that's what I did! I stamped the pine and berry branch first, then strategically stamped the buds and then on scrap pieces, stamped the flower and the buds and leaves again, knowing I would cut out just the leaves and just the flower to create some dimension. After the images were stamped, I colored them up using some watercolor markers (You can click the link to see which markers I used). It's funny, these markers were ones that I bought at Hobby Lobby with a coupon for $7. I wanted to give them a try! And, they did okay. I love the fact that they have a medium size tip and fine tip. The fine tip came in handy more than a few times for many different projects! To color this image, I had to scribble the color onto a palette and then put it on my image with a Dove Blender Pen. But, I enjoyed using a different medium! After my image was colored, I cut and then added a little bit of razzle dazzle to the center of the flower and the berries with glitter glue! 

Here's a close up for you! 


The rest is just matting it all up! The sentiment is from the Play Ball stamp set. I loved the scripted "Thanks" and wonder why I haven't used it more often! The paper is a mix of Echo Park patterned paper pads that I've stashed away over the years. And that, my friends, is it! This one is going in the mail pronto because I am WAY behind on my post-Christmas Thank Yous!!

As your making your creative rounds, don't forget to pay these fine ladies a visit and see what crafty little things they've been up to this week!


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber>>> you are here!
Stacy Morgan


Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you all back here real soon!
~Julie

No comments: