Friday, January 6, 2017

Birthday Tulips for a Friend!

Hello all and happy Friday! Happy 2017 too! I pray this year brings nothing but happiness and "sunshine!"  Speaking of sunshine, it's one of my New Year's resolutions to make cards that I actually send. I started a birthday calendar and hope to actually stop my day to send off cards here and there to brighten someone else's day! 

This card below went to a friend who is just one of the best. Our kids are friends and play sports together. What's funny is she didn't have a clue I was a card maker. So, I surprised her with a handmade birthday card! 


I started by printing off the Tulips in Hobnail Pitcher by Power Poppy onto white card stock and then picked up my Copic Markers. I used YR04, R14, R00, YR07, YG00, YG03, YG06, E40, W00, E81, BV000, BV0000 and BG0000. I think that was all. I really need to photograph the markers used like some of those other savvy stampers! 

Here's a closeup below! You can see that I used a double-stitched rectangle die. While the die was still on, I used a wee bit of Broken China Distress Ink and sponged around the edges. I created the bottom beige portion by using the same die and then cutting off a portion of the piece. On that, I used some beige ink and the tulip stamp from the Dynamic Duos: Peonies and Tulips. I also printed the sentiment from this digital stamp set, created a sentiment flag and laid that over the seam of the two papers. And... ta da! 


And that, my friends, is it! I do have a little fun tidbit to share! Being that it is a new month, there's a brand spanking new Power & Spark Challenge on the Power Poppy Blog for you to try your hand at! 


The WINTER BLOOMS challenge comes with a 100% smile guarantee because our hostess with the mostess Stacy Morgan wants to see your creations in full bloom! Here's what she had to say about this month's quest for colorful creativity! 

"When winter comes, many of us long to say goodbye to the chill and say hello to those cheerful and fresh spring flowers! Did you know there are lots of blooms that sprout at the end of winter? How about camellias, crocus, paperwhites, holly, snowdrops, or poinsettias? Let's see how you can bring these pretty little petals and glorious greens to life and enjoy this last bit of winter as well!"

Thanks Stacy! Now, if you are a little stumped on what qualifies as a winter bloom -- Marcella has taken the guesswork out of it for you and created a link to all the stamps in the Power Poppy Shop that would work beautifully for this challenge! Just  CLICK ON OVER HERE to see all the beauty that awaits!

Moving on... I happen to know that some of my fellow Bloomies are on standby, ready to show you some of the fabulous things they've worked on this week. So.... stop by, say "Hi!" and prepare to be amazed! ;-)


Julie Koerber >>> you are here!



Thanks for stopping by my little place on the blogosphere! I hope you have a wonderful weekend ahead and I'll see you back here soon!

~Julie

8 comments:

Karen W said...

Very pretty and great coloring!

Patti Willey said...

Oh Julie! I've always loved this image but waiting for it in photopolymer! I hope to hear of new clear stamps soon! Lovely tulips!

Kathy Jones said...

Loooooove your card Julie!!! Your colouring is beautiful, love the stitched edging and love the tone on tone stamping of the tulips at the bottom!!! I bet your friend loved it too and how funny she didn't know about your talents!

Davi said...

Wow your tulips look SO real, beautiful coloring :) The touch of navy and brown are perfect with them too. Beautiful card!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Awwww Jules!! Now this card makes me smile!! I love the bold warm red/orange colors with the beautiful tulip background too! You warmed up my cold rainy day!!

Essie said...

Beautiful tulips--like getting flowers in the mail but you don't havechange the water or cut the stems!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is GORGEOUS! Wow, I so love these tulips, and your coloring is exquisite! And I really LOVE the layout with the beautiful double-stitched die and the super idea of creating your DP with the tulips in beige! I LOVE it, and it's a stunning card, and I know your friend must love it too!! Hugs, sweet friend, and keep warm! xoxo

Leslie Miller said...

I'll bet she was surprised when this beauty showed up in the mail! It's a fun and perky design with your fabulous coloring. Love the double stitched die and the button with twine. Buttons always make a card so cute. Happy new year, Julie!