Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Woah.... are you ready??

Well, if that title was any indication, I have some fun stuff to share with you all today! First up, it's the day! IT'S THE DAY! It's the day when all the Bloomies join forces to bring you the Power Poppy Hop and we skip our way through to show off the Power Poppy brand new release!


All of the designers will be picking one of the new sets to share just a few more ways you can use these new clear stamp designs. I love all the inspiration that has been shared over the past few days, don't you?

On to today's creation!


I chose to pick up Power Poppy's new set called Soothing Sympathy. I just think the images in this set are not only calming but beautiful as well. I am sure none of us love to make sympathy cards simply because no one loves to think of someone else in a state of grieving but honestly, what a beautiful way to use this craft that we love -- to send heartwarming messages to someone who really needs them. I almost never have any of these on hand, and so I thought this would be a great time. 

On to the mechanics of the card! After stamping the rosemary image, I decided to perch the little butterfly from the set on top as if it was just hanging out for a bit, enjoying the rosemary's scent. I colored it all up with my Copic markers and reached for YR04, YR07, YR09, E31, E33, B60, B63, B66, G20, G21, and G24 with a little BG0000 for shading around my images.

Here's a close up. You can see I added a little bit of Clear Wink of Stella Glitter Brush Marker to the butterfly to make it sparkle a bit in the light. I really love that pen -- honestly! 


The rest is matting it up. I die cut it with a double stitch recatangle die, added the sentiment that was punched out using a SU oval punch and then added some decorative paper with washi tape accents.

Here's a peek at the inside. I used one of the sentiments from the set and then added an herb border from the Sage Advice stamp set using Pistachio Memento ink.


And that, my friends, is it! You'll have to make the rounds to see what the other Bloomies have in store!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Kathy Jones
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker
Power Poppy Blog!

And before I go, there's some fun news to share!


That's right! Take $10 OFF when you spend $70 or more at powerpoppy.com. All you need to do is use the discount code: STUNNER10 at checkout. This special offer is not limited to the new collection. It's good on all in-stock sets! Offer ends Friday, July 1.
Thanks for stopping by and spending a part of your day with me! I will see you back here real soon! ;-)


~Julie


Pin It

8 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous! It's nice to see a sympathy card not so somber as they often are. I love the colors on this, and the butterfly on rosemary is simply beautiful. So much to love about your card and this stamp set!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I'm with Leslie! I agree that sympathy cards should be beautiful and uplifting, and this one is both! I love the sweet rosemary with this darling butterfly atop it. And, yes, I love my Wink of Stella, and I can see it! Beautifully colored, and I love the layout with the washi tape and how you've added some perhaps airbrushing in the corners of this beautiful double-stitched die. This card is going to be loved, and you're right that it's a time for heartwarming messages inside for the one who needs it. At my age, I continue to need more and more of these, so this set will get a lot of use. It beautiful. Thank you for everything you continue to do for Power Poppy and for sharing such gorgeous cards this week! I've loved them all! Big hugs, sweet friend!

ChristineCreations said...

This is lovely Julie. I love the pieces and element all pulled together into a design that’s meaningful and so pretty.

Margarita Navarro-Rivera said...

Wonderful sympathy card!

Davi said...

This is a beautiful sympathy card!! I love the checked and music dp together! You did and outstanding job coloring the image and it is such a peaceful look!

Aileen said...

What a stunning card, its the prettiest sympathy card I have seen. The butterfly makes it look so serine.

SussiPoppins said...

This is so cute!

Kathy Jones said...

Oh I love how you've created this card and all the details! The touch of sparkle is BEAUTIFUL and like you, I never have enough of these types of cards either but I can see I will be making more soon! *LOVE* the borders you created inside your card --- gorgeous inside and out!!! :)