Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Sneaky Peeks Day 2: Spice It Up!

Hello all and welcome to day 2 of the Power Poppy Happiest of Holidays Collection Sneaky Peaks! Today's set is one that, if you look at it long enough, you'll be smelling the scents of citrus and clove. I remember as a teen going over to a friend's house and learning how to make these sweet smelling goodies! So, without further ado, take a gander at......

This set called Spice It Up features clove-speckled orange pomanders, star anise and cinnamon, mistletoe, berries, and pinecones -- as Marcella said after she drew this one -- it's beginning to smell like Christmas!

On to my creation! When I looked at this cluster, I knew that I wanted to shake it up a bit and show folks how you don't need to make these festive globes oranges, you can make them look like glittered ornaments too! See?


After stamping my image, I grabbed just about every Copic marker in the BG color family that I own to color up each ornament just a wee bit differently. After I got the ornaments colored, I knew I wanted to keep it pretty monochromatic. I added the berries for just a pop of color and I am glad I did. The ribbon, I wanted to look like silver, so I colored them all up with a Sakura Stardust Gel Pel. I also used the pen to add dots of glitter to the cloves, opting instead for the glittered look! See?


From here, the rest is just matting it all up! I used a few Spellbinders Labels dies, some sheer ribbon, a bit of bling and I used a Stampin' Up snowflake embossing folder to add a little texture that I later sanded down to reveal the paper's white core. And that, my friends, is it!

Now it's time to take a trip through the rest of Power Poppy Land to see how the Bloom Brigade used this sweet-smelling and spicy set!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Kathy Jones
Leslie Miller
Tosha Leyendekker
Power Poppy Blog>>> see more of the inspiration behind this set from Marcella!


Thank you so much for stopping by! Tomorrow's set is has a air of festivity that just loves to "hang out!" Yes, that's your clue. See you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

12 comments:

Queen Mary said...

Julie, beautiful coloring! I love your imagination!

Teresa Doyle said...

Very pretty indeed! Love the colours you've used.

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, what a fabulous idea to color these are ornaments, and we've all seen some like this that are like pomanders - brilliant! And, oh my, do I love the color scheme you've used with just a touch here and there with red! And I see the sparkle and also love the ribbon! Beautiful layout too and such a perfect textured background! Totally in love with this, and I am eager to see more tomorrow! This is a fabulous release and has me thrilled at the cards I will make this year! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

gah.....that’s gorgeous. I so have to try this in non-citrus colours too, what a beauty Julie and such great sense of shape with the dies too. Love the sanded background too.

https://adiecrafty.blogspot.com/ said...

this is gorgeous

Kathy Jones said...

GASP! Julie this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Love the soft monochromatic blues and your 'ornaments' look incredible (love the pop of red!). The embossing, sanding and touch of sparkle are perfect!! Gorgeousness!!!!

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful card!! Love the non-citrusy colors. Lovely card!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oooooo...I LOVE the blues Julie!! And the sparkles, and the white highlights, and the texture, and the coloring, and the bling with the gorgeous ribbon...*sigh*...I think it's obvious I like this card. ;)

Anonymous said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!!!

lisa808 said...

Stunning in blue.

Leslie Miller said...

Wowie! I love all the BG's, and BG and silver is such a gorgeous combo! Love how pretty this arrangement looks as ornaments and so glad you shared the outcome. Such a pretty card!

Stacy Morgan said...

ACK!!! Oh my how super cute and beautiful at the same time. The red berries just pop out with the silvers and blues.... Adore the shapes and layers and the way you colored this Julie. I need to use this for inspiration! Beautiful!