Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Sneaky Peeks Day 1:Botaical Tree

Hello all! I sure hope you are in the holiday spirit because this week, Power Poppy is unveiling it's newest additions to the Happiest of Holidays Collection! I can't tell you too much because we obviously want you to SEE the collection, but this series of stamp sets is creative, out-of-the box, beautiful -- oh my -- all of the above!

Today's sneak peek is no exception. Wait until you feast your eyes on this set!


This brand new stamp set called Botanical Tree offers a stylized tree made up of meandering holiday botanicals --- from Poinsettias and Christmas Roses to Mistletoe, Lilies, Rosehips, and bits of berry clusters! Whether colored in or stamped in a single ink and embossed, this image is big on impact! While I grabbed my Copic Markers to color this intricate design, I can't wait to stamp and emboss in gold for a card with a bit of Christmas bling!
 
On to my creation!

Because of the detail in this image, I knew I wanted a white background to truly make all the colors in this image POP! After stamping, I colored with Copics and literally grabbed every green marker I had and colored with gradations mixing up the tone of green with each varying plant. I didn't want one green to be more prominent than the next. I did the same with the reds varying from light, almost pink to deep reds. 

Here's a close up. You *might* be able to see that I added a bit of sparkle thanks to a Sakura Stardust Gel Pen to the stamens of those fun pinkish flowers.....


From there, its simply fussy cutting my image, matting it up, adding a crystal button with some gold cording, some fun sheer ribbon and an embossed background! And that, my friends, is it!

I am so excited to share the rest of the holiday collection with all of you! Hope you stop back and see what I've been up to! For now, make sure you hop on over and see the rest of the Bloom Brigade and what they whipped up with this breathtaking illustration!


Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Kathy Jones
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker
Power Poppy Blog -- read all that inspired marcella's latest set!


Tomorrow's set is on the "spicy" side! So, be sure to tune in and see! Have a fabulous day!

~Julie


Pin It

10 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Ooh, Julie, this is gorgeous, and I love how you've colored it! I do love the gradations you've used and do see the sparkling on the stamens. And I agree that this is wonderful against the white embossed background and love how you've fussy cut it! And I love the rounded corners with the ribbon, button, and cord. And, yes, I can easily imagine this embossed in gold or silver - yum! Stunning card, and I want to see the rest of the set - hehe! Hugs!

Nora Noll said...

Oh how beautiful!! I love the coloring on all these tiny images. And your fussy cutting-AMAZING!!

Carolyn L said...

This is a gorgeous card made with what promises to be a spectacular new product release. Job very well done, Julie!

Barb said...

This is absolutely magical! I love the color palette; so beautiful. And this image embossed in gold is going to be stunning! Great idea!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What an absolute beauty Julie!! Your gradations are fabulous! Love your coloring!! And your textured background really enhances your beautifully colored tree!! Gorgeous!

Leslie Miller said...

Ooooh, pretty! Love all the white and how you warmed it up with the red and green. Loving the embossed panel and that crystal button bling!

Kathy Jones said...

Absolutely Beautiful Julie!!! Love the shades of red/white/peach that you used and cut and matted with the embossed background is just gorgeous!!

Berina RGA said...

Beautiful card!! Love the cute flowers!! Very nice coloring too.
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Stacy Morgan said...

Your fussy cutting is awesome... This is beautiful all popped up and focused! I like the simple layers of the papers. Your tree looks wonderful front and center!

https://adiecrafty.blogspot.com/ said...

this is so unique love it