Friday, October 16, 2015

Sneaks Day 4: Olive & Oak Extended!

Hello all and happy Friday! I hope you are having a wonderful week and are looking forward to a restful weekend ahead! It's been so nice in my neck of the woods and for once, it seems like we are truly experiencing... FALL! In seasons' past, we've had early snow and that just makes the leaves fall instead of change colors. This year is different and we are being surrounded by shades of rust and gold! So, we feel blessed this year!

And, speaking of blessings, today with the fourth day of the Power Poppy sneak peeks, we have a set that once was just a digital stamp set and now it's getting a new life in polymer!


This set -- Olive & Oak Expanded -- is full of rich, natural beauty! After releasing this image above in digital form, Marcella had so many requests for it to be in polymer, she thought, why make folks wait until next year? This set offers clusters of greenery and sentiments that work not just for fall but Thanksgiving as well! The Bible verse in this set is one of my all time favorites so I had to use it on my creation for today.

On to my card!


I kept the design rather simple, letting the mix of patterns work their magic. I let the sentiment be the focal point and then adorned the die cut and sponged panel with the cluster of leaves and acorns in this set. I colored the image up with Copics and used E23, E25, E27, E33, E55, E81, Y17, Y21, Y32, YR27, E08, and E97. After I was done coloring, I did accent the clusters with a bit of white gel pen. Fussy cut around your colored image, pop it up and.... voila! See?


And that, my friends, is it! You'll have to stop by to see my fellow bloomie Christine Okken to get a glimpse of what she whipped up with this set and then, hop on over to Marcella's place on the Power Poppy Blog to see not only the inspiration behind this set but some of her favorite creations using it!

Tomorrow brings the final sneaky peek and then -- we let loose and have a Bloom Brigade Parade on Sunday with all of the stamp sets available in the Power Poppy Shop! Can't wait!!!

See you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is rich and vibrant and gorgeous! Oh do I love this DP with the beautiful oak leaves and acorns (that are exquisitely colored and fussy cut). And I must say that this is truly a very special verse for me as well. I love how you've showcased it so beautifully. It's a stunning card, and I can't wait to see the rest of this set!! Woohoo! So glad you are actually enjoy a real fall with the beautiful change of color. Hugs!

Barb said...

I am blown away by this card! The patterned papers are perfect for the images you've chosen to showcase. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this verse and the way you've highlighted it with those beautifully colored images. I just absolutely adore it.

Misti said...

Julie, GASP!!!! I LOVE this!!!! Such rich colors & the showcase of that Scripture!!!! I already HAD to have this set, but that Scripture is my son's Scripture. He printed it out with my label maker & has it on his bow, right before he competes, he looks down & reminds himself of that Scripture. Can't wait until I can get my hands on that set!

Lisa K said...

I love these leaves and acorns featured with this verse. It is one of my favorites. I am excited for this set.

Stacy Morgan said...

Isn't that the truth!!! Really like how you focused on the scripture with this fall beauty Julie. Beautiful coloring and great papers. Wonderful fall feel to this.

https://adiecrafty.blogspot.com/ said...

wow this is so vibrant just gorgeous