Friday, October 30, 2015

Quick and Easy Christmas!

Hello all and happy Friday! Well, I don't know about you, but I am sure excited for this weekend. There's pumpkin carvin', apple cider drinkin', trick or treatin' fun to be had in the family! We have a ton of kids in our neighborhood, so we always stock up on the candy and usually run out by 8PM. It's crazy! I love this time of year, nothing like the crisp fall air paired with darling kiddos smiling and just looking for goodies! It's priceless. So, HAPPY HALLOWEEN to you all!

I'm going to switch gears from one holiday.... to another! I recently stumbled upon a tutorial on the web that I actually *thunk* smacked my head and said, after 15 years of stamping, why didn't I think of that!?!???!?

Let's take a peek at my card first and then I'll share how it's done! Here's the card, and I mean to tell you, this technique is so easy that you could mass produce this idea and make dozens of cards in an hour --- easy!


And, here's how it's done! I used the poinsettia stamp from the Power Poppy set Merry Littles and paired it up with Love Letter Memento Ink.

Now to the fun part. When you add your stamp to the acrylic block, don't put it face up. Put it face down! Just like this. The image you would normally stamp is what is attached to your block.


Now, why do this? Because, inking the wrong side of the stamp will give you a shadow of your main image! I inked with Love Letter Memento ink, stamped, and then huffed on the stamp and stamped again to get a second generation color on my panel. I did this all over the card and then did a second generation stamp for my little sentiment tag there. The sentiment is from Power Poppy's new stamp set called Wreaths Plain and Fancy! That little sentie was the perfect size!

After I was done stamping the shadows, I went back over each one by stamping with the right side of the stamp this time using Versafine Black Onyx ink for a crisp, black effect. Afterward, I added a little glitz to the center of all my flowers thanks to some glitter glue! See?


Mat it up on some sparkly paper and then again on some red decorative paper. Add a little red metallic cording and... ta da! Done! So easy peasy lemon squeezy it is NOT even funny! That's all there is to it!

And now it's time to shine the spotlight on the ever-so-fabulous crew of Power Poppy Bloomies! Make sure you stop by their "places" to give them a shout!


Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


Before I go -- one last reminder! Power Poppy's fun-filled Power and Spark Challenge called Bits & Pieces ends tomorrow at 8PM EST! So, grab whatever bit or piece of a stamped image you'd like to play up on a card and get those last minute entries in! Winner gets a stamp set of choice and that, sweet stamping friends!

Thanks for stopping by and spending a little of your day with me! Hope you have a wonderful weekend and I will see you back here real soon!

~Julie


Pin It

3 comments:

Ann said...

Love this technique!

It was fun to see you on TV again the other day!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Julie, this is fabulous! I do remember seeing a tutorial a while ago about using the back of the stamp for a solid image, but this card really showcases it perfectly! Wow, do I love it, and you are right about making a ton of these quickly! Hehe! Beautiful poinsettias always get my heart (we have one planted from two years ago, and it's huge and will turn red by Christmas). I love the layout and how you've used the back for the sentiment too. Beautiful card! Hugs, and have a wonderful Halloween weekend!

Leslie Miller said...

What a quick and cute idea! I'll have to look into giving this a try. So easy! Great card! Enjoy your Halloween festivities!