Sunday, October 18, 2015

Cozy Cupfuls!

Hi all -- it's a happy day here on the ole blog! Why? Because today is the official release of Power Poppy's  Happiest Holiday 2015 Collection! After seeing sneaky peeks from the Bloom Brigade all week, the day has officially come when YOU can get your mitts on these beautiful holiday stamp sets right HERE! And just like every other Power Poppy Hop day -- the Bloomies are here in full force to show off some of their favorite creations using these new stamp sets!

On to my creation!

When I saw Marcella's illustrations for this new stamp set called Cozy Cupfuls, I was instantly charmed by it. Not only is this darling cardinal couple as sweet as can be, there are two other vignettes that are perfect for the holidays -- a woodsy stack of packages and a darling mini tree planted in a Christmas tea cup. You will love this set, I am sure of it!

So, to create my card, I stamped in black and then grabbed my Copics to color. I knew that I wanted this to be a male/female pair because that is just too cute, right? And so I had to google what a female cardinal actually looked like! I was clueless, but found THIS super helpful! Gotta love "the Googles!" ;-) Add some fun Christmas inspired decorative paper, a stitched border die, some Stampin' Up Candy Dots, some May Arts ruffle trim and... ta da! I should mention that the sentiment is actually from another one of the sets in the collection called Wreaths Plain and Fancy. 

Here's a close up for you! 



And that, my friends, is it! Now you'll have to hop through to see the rest of the Bloom Brigade Parade that's being ushered along today! And, don't forget to check out these beauties in the Power Poppy Shop HERE! 

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


Thanks for hanging out with me this week! Hope you had as much fun as I did and..... I'll see you all back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Julie, could you have picked any cuter image or paper? I love it all! This is probably my favorite image with this precious pair of cardinals, and I love that you Googled for the female colors (these were my mom's favorite birds especially at Christmas when she always loved lots of red touches around the house - of the beauty!). And you've really colored them up to perfection, and what a beautiful layout with the double-stitched die with matting. And that plaid is outstanding along with the sweet ruffled ribbon and sentiment. I totally love it all! I am so excited about my cards this year and can hardly wait to get the whole release - yep! No question about that! Thanks for a wonderful posts today and all this week. Hugs!

BJ Searcy said...

Very pretty card.

https://adiecrafty.blogspot.com/ said...

these little cardinals are so cute

Yoonsun Hur said...

Very pretty card! So adorable!!

Kris B said...

Such a sweet card! Cute image! Love the plaid paper and the ruffled ribbon!

Berina RGA said...

Such a pretty card!! Beautiful coloring on the birds!!
-Berina
Moxie Craftie

Karen L K said...

Very nice!!