Saturday, October 3, 2015

Happy World Card Making Day!

Welcome to a momentous occasion here in the card making world! It’s a day devoted completely to... US!


That’s right folks — for today we get to create with reckless abandon watching that ink flow, paper fly, and glitter float through the air like fairy dust! 

In honor of this oh-so-special day, Power Poppy thought it would be fantabulous (fantastic plus fabulous = fantabulous) to offer up a fun challenge that would give you a reason to create and also give us a reason to give away a little Power Poppy goodness! So, here goes! 

HOW TO PLAY:  MAKE SURE YOU USE ALL 3 ELEMENTS

#1: USE THIS SKETCH AS INSPIRATION


#2: USE NON-TRADITIONAL COLORS TO CREATE A HOLIDAY CARD

Here’s a little peek at how I used the sketch! Okay, I hope I don’t get “fired” for sharing this top secret look at an upcoming Power Poppy Holiday set. ;-) Take a gander at Power Poppy’s soon-to-be-released stamp set called Cozy Cupfuls! You can watch for upcoming Power Poppy Holiday Collection sneaky peeks starting October 13th with the full release on the 18th of October! You are definitely going to want to mark your calendar. This collection is buzz-worthy!!!



#3: ADD A LITTLE SPARKLE OR BLING

Anyone that knows me --- KNOWS --- I love my bling. It makes me happy! So, as you can see here, I have a plethora! I have a little rhinestone for my deer's nose, a little sparkle gel pen on the cup’s steamy drink and a little razzle dazzle on the package thanks to some glitter glue, see?


So, there you have it! Use the sketch, non-traditional colors for a holiday card and add a little sparkle! Then, link up your creation HERE ON THIS POST! You have a whole WEEK to play along! Contest will close next Saturday, October 10th and Power Poppy will announce a winner sometime on Sunday, October 11th. Random winner will receive their choice of three digital stamp sets or one polymer stamp set of choice! 

Want to see how some of my fellow Bloomies took this sketch for a spin?


Julie Koerber >>> that's me!


There you have it Card Making Comrades — get those fingers inky, have some fun, create and then link up your creation below! HAPPY WORLD CARD MAKING DAY!


~Julie


Pin It

5 comments:

https://adiecrafty.blogspot.com/ said...

lovely card

CherylQuilts said...

Oh my, Julie, I LOVE this new image...thanks for the sneaky peek! And what a beautiful card with the non-traditional colors and your bling! Great sketch too, so I'm inspired! Thanks for some great WCMD fun...hugs!

Marcella Hawley said...

YAYAYAY!!! I wouldn't even THINK about scolding you for sharing this peek at one of our new holiday sets, especially when you made such a darn CUTE card! A wonderful card, AND a super neat sketch to celebrate WCD, Jules, thank you so much. I'm inspired!

ChristineCreations said...

You made this so warm and cozy feeling Julie! Great sketch and a great festive design!

Anonymous said...

These are beautiful Christmas cards!