Friday, October 9, 2015

Color YOUR World!



Wouldn't it be nice to take a little respite, a little break from the day-to-day grind to do something that adds joy and color to your life? Well, me and my peeps over at Power Poppy dedicated at least ONE DAY to coloring our worlds and we're joining the ever-talented Kathy Racoosin over at The Daily Marker in her challenge to color up something every day -- YES -- every day for 30 days! She's even sharing prizes for those who participate (Pssst, Power Poppy is giving a way a stamp set of choice for one lucky colorista!)! It may be the 9th and we may be joining the party fashionably late, but you can join in at any time at all!

And so, here's a creation from one of my recent colorfests!


I have to admit that when I colored up this little pumpkin, I wasn't even anywhere near my craft room. When fall hits, there's nothing better than grabbing my markers, a stamped image and a clipboard and then nestling into the couch to color and watch some TV. I am strange. I can't watch TV without "doing something!" So, I color or knit almost 90% of the time! And this was one image from Power Poppy's stamp set called So Grateful that I got lost in!

I forgot to write down which markers I used to color up this image so I am going to "attempt" to remember them all! I know I used warm neutrals for the chair -- W00, W01, W03 and W05. I used my favorite greens for the leaves and grass -- G20, G40, G43, G47. I used the rustic yellows for the black eyed susans -- Y21, Y23, Y32 and Y35. The purple tones for the Dahlias were V01, V04, V06 and just a smidge of V09. The berries were a mix of R24 and R27.

When I was done coloring, I grabbed some scraps from my decorative paper scrap bin and went to town adding a glitzy button and some twine! the border is a Spellbinders die called Scalloped Borders Two!

I wanted to add a little "sumpin' sumpin" to the inside and so I used Potters Clay Memento Ink and stamped the larger Dahlia from the set as well as one of the sentiments.

See?


And that my friends is it! So, after you color up something fun, make sure you link your creation RIGHT HERE on the linky for a chance at some prizes! Keep in mind Kathy is urging us all to share our colorific skills -- not necessarily a finished card! Just show off what you colored! You can check HERE for all the details!

So, with all of that fun swirling in your heads, why not hop, skip and jump your way through our link list to see what my fellow Bloomies created during one of their own personal coloring sessions!


Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Katie Sims


Want to combine this challenge with another? YOU CAN! There is so much going on at Power Poppy you have a plethora of ways to double, triple even quadruple your chances of winning some Power Poppy stamps! You have until Saturday night to play along in the World Cardmaking Day Sketch Challenge! You can nip and snip and play along in the Power and Spark Bits & Pieces Challenge! Or, you can hop on over to Splitcoaststampers and play along in their month long Hope You Can Cling To event. 

So there you have it peeps, a handful of reasons to take time to create a little happy and color up some fun!

~Julie

Pin It

7 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is a beautiful fall card, and I just love this image! Beautifully colored, and I'm with you about having to do something while I watch television! I love your beautiful coloring and the great layout, and that twine with the glitzy button is so cool! I love it! And I always love to jazz up the inside too! Beautifully done, my friend! Hugs!

Allison Cope said...

Oh so beautiful Julie! You have the most amazing eye for putting patterned papers and images together! I love all the richest of your colours! Beautiful card my friend!

Leslie Miller said...

Love these bright and beautiful fall colors! Fabulous image, of course, and awesome coloring. Love the design, as well, with the pierced scallop. Another amazing card, Julie!

Satori said...

Great colors and patterns going on!

Stacy Morgan said...

Country charm! What a clever idea with the fancy edge with the shorter panel. Your coloring is off the charts!!! Beautiful Julie.

Bunny Dobbie said...

Beautiful card! Love the feminine scalloped edge.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Gorgeous coloring and fabulous framing Julie!! LOVE your sweet little bow with the gem and the lovely card inside too!! Wowsers girl!!