Monday, June 8, 2015

Big Day is HERE!

It's the BIG DAY folks! All last week, we shared bits and pieces from Power Poppy's Cultivate Love Collection and today -- guess what? It's all LIVE in the Power Poppy Shop! Woo Hoo! And with the big day comes a Power Poppy Hop with all of the Bloom Brigade on board to show off one more look at this brand new release!

SO, LET'S GET TO IT! SHALL WE?

For my Power Poppy Hop card, I decided to go a bit earthy and pick up the brand new Sage Advice stamp set!


To start, I stamped my image in Tuxedo Black Memento ink and then grabbed a whole mess of Copic markers to color up this sweet image. I used G20, G40, G43, YG61, YG63, YG00, BG00, BG01, BG05, C01, C03, V01, and V17. After I was done coloring it all up, I did use YR0000, and YR01 to shade around my image along with W01. I also grabbed my Copic Spica markers to add the color to the gingham check. Then..... I cut out using a Spellbinders Beaded Oval die and then sponged on some Peach Bellini Adirondack ink. The rest is just matting it up! I used a mix of BasicGrey papers and then added a wee bit of sparkle thanks to some sequins and silver cording! Just that easy! 

Here's a close up to show off the Copic Spica pens I used to color in the gingham pattern. You can "kind of" see the sparkle!


And that, my friends is it -- and earthy card that really shares a bit of summer's bounty! Speaking of bounty, you could use that word to describe the hop and all that our sweet Bloomies have to show off today! So, hop on over and see these lovelies! I know you won't be disappointed!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker


Thanks for joining us these past few days! Hope you have had as much fun as we have! ;-)

~Julie


Pin It

6 comments:

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, what beautiful earthy colors for this fabulous color of herbs! Wow, I love it, and your coloring is gorgeous...such depth! Love the layout with your beautiful embellishments! Thanks for a wonderful week of peeks and loads of inspiration! I'm ready to go when they arrive! Hugs, sweet friend!

Kathy Jones said...

Julie this is FABULOUS!!! Love your warm earthy tones with that awesome BG paper and ribbon and your colouring is just STUNNING!!! Love how you've added some sparkle to your ribbon too!!! Gorgeous lady!!!

ChristineCreations said...

So warm and earthy feeling Julie! I love the turquoise colander too :)

Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is lovely! Great sketch, your coloring is wonderful.

Leslie Miller said...

Oooooh, sparkly gingham to go with the cutest colander ever! Love it!

Lisa K said...

The colander and gingham ribbon are so lovely. They make me want to grow herbs, or maybe just color herbs.