Friday, December 12, 2014

Sh-Sh-Sh-Shake It Up!

Hi all and happy Friday! I'm here with another dose of Power Poppy snappy happiness! How's that to describe a bit of cardmaking? ;-) Actually, the card that I am going to share today is one that I have had in my head for AWHILE! 

I envisioned this pretty church scene (from the O Holy Night stamp set) bathed in red! And, I had also seen some very cool creations using this stamp set and making it a shaker card. I immediately said, "Ooooo, I wanna try that!" So, my dear friends, here's my creation!


I stamped the church image using Love Letter Memento Ink, cut it out using a circle die from Spellbinders and then, I used one of the Shake It Pouches from Impression Obsession. These little numbers not only make shaker cards easy but they have adhesive on the back of them to make assembly a breeze! Before I attached it over my stamped image, I did add glitter, sequins, and snowflake confetti. See? (I have to mention my stamp room is so dry I had an issue with static. I am hoping that the glitter stuck on my shaker eventually falls off!)


The rest is just matting it up! I used (for the most part) decorative paper from the Candy Cane Lane collection from Teresa Collins. I added some rhinestone swirls, some May Arts Ribbon, a Queen and Co. bit of bling and a little tag featuring the word "Peace" from the Merry Littles stamp set from Power Poppy! Even though it looks like there's a lot going on with this card, it was really quite fast and easy! One more Christmas card done! Now they just need to sign and address themselves so I can get them in the mail! ;-)

Need a little more inspiration to get your wheels spilling for weekend creating? Never fear, the Bloom Brigade is here! Stop on by and say "hello" to these lovely ladies!

Allison Cope
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Leslie Miller
Tosha Leyendekker

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have some fun things planned for the weekend! I am going to go watch my daughter play basketball and HOPEFULLY get some Christmas shopping done. To date, I have one present, YES ONE purchased for the big day. Need to get moving, shopping and baking before the big day arrives! ;-)

~Julie


Pin It

5 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

It’s gorgeous Julie! Elegant and festive. And that looks so much easier for a shaker card with those pouches too.

Leslie Miller said...

Wow! How pretty with all the red! I love it! 'Tis the season for shakers!

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I just love shaker cards, they are so much fun to make and to receive. I love all the glitter and sequences, so festive and sparkly. I love Impression Obsession shaker windows, they are thin enough to mail and you can really put a of "shaking" things in them. Your card looks vintage and so elegant, thank you for sharing.

Tosha Leyendekker said...

How super fun and oh so sparkly Julie!! LOVE your glittery interactive shaker card! What a delightful gift this card would be all on its own. You, my friend, are AMAZING!!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, this is beautiful! I've not made a shaker card, but I just visited IO and added these to my wish list! Wow, what a fabulous card using the beautiful church scene! Can't wait to play and start making my 2015 cards (never did get to play because of health issues). But next year is on its way!! Hugs, sweet friend! Merry Christmas to you and your family!