Friday, November 14, 2014

Have yourself a 'Merry Littles' Christmas!

Hi all and happiest of Fridays to you! I've got some Power Poppy goodness to share with you today that's quick... and FUN! I hadn't yet played around with the Merry Littles set that was just released earlier this month by Power Poppy. After looking at the set and all the little pieces and parts (did you know there are 18 stamps in that set????) I thought I would try my hand at making my own wreath!

So, here's a peek at my finished card so you know what I'm sharing!



And here's the super quick and easy way I put this together! I took one of my Spellbinders circle dies and using a pencil, traced the shape onto a 4" by 4" piece of card stock. Using Memento Cottage Ivy ink, I stamped the branch, following the line of the circle. See?


Here's a peek at the stamp set so you can see which stamp I used! I also used that darling little bow!


I stamped the bow in Love Letter Memento Ink and then colored it up with R27, R24 and R32 Copic Markers. I cut the bow out and then popped it up with a little foam tape. After my wreath was "assembled" I stamped the word Merry Christmas from the Poinsettia stamp set and added some red glitter glue to those "berries!" Here's a close up! 


And that, my friend is it! The rest is just matting it up! I used some of the scraps from my decorative paper bin. I also found some red glitter paper to try to bring out the glitter dots that I added to my wreath! Oh, and I erased my pencil lines after my ink was dry! That's it!

You'll have to make the rounds to see what the rest of the Bloom Brigade has in store! I know they always have fabulously creative things to share, just in time for some weekend creating!


Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Tosha Leyendekker


Thanks for stopping by and sharing some time with me! See you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

10 comments:

ChristineCreations said...

Gah this is so cute! Especially with the popped up bow!

Anonymous said...

Not too complicated but absolutely beautiful!

Marcella Hawley said...

Sweet, simple, and totally festive! I love it, Jules!!

Karen W said...

Very cleaver and so pretty!

Leslie Miller said...

Adorable and so very easy! I want to make one! I also love what Marcy did in the graphic for this set. Got to do that, too! Your plaid paper makes it look extra cozy!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

DARLING!!! How creative and charming Julie!! And your bow is stunning!

Unknown said...

lovely card,x

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Julie, I love how you made a wreath out of the bottle brush tree!! And coloring the "berries" is perfect! What a beautiful country-feel card! I'm inspired even more! Hugs!

Dawn B. said...

Well thank you for the circle tip. I am so challenged trying to get any stamping straight. Your card is beautiful. Great job. Hope it has warmed up and not snowed there.

Allison Cope said...

That's brilliant Julie! Lovin' the plaid paper to go with your sweet wreath! <3