Friday, June 20, 2014

Three Cards, 1 Stamp Set Part 2!

Hello folks! Last week I told you about a fun new venture over at the Power Poppy Blog....



What's this you say? It's an opportunity for you to show off some of your Power Poppy Creations and let the design team see the wonderfully creative ways you've used these fabulous images! Each Friday the Bloom Brigade will pick their faves and we'll highlight them, not only on the Power Poppy Blog HERE but on our Pinterest Power Poppy Peeps Customer Creations Board! At the end of the month, we'll draw a winner for one free stamp set! Fun stuff! 

For my creation this week, I'm continuing on the three cards, one stamp set challenge! If you missed the intro to this whole challenge, just click HERE to read/see last week's post! In a nutshell, I am using the stamp set Lavender each Friday of this month so that by the end of the month, I'll have three coordinating cards for one card set! I am also using sketches from Pagemap's Cardmaps! Click HERE for literally hundreds of sketches!

So, here's my sketch!



And, here's my card! You can see I made a few changes. For starters, I made my card an A2 size and secondly, instead of a ribbon threaded tag, I chose to add a sentiment with just a pennant styled strip of decorative paper!


So, I stamped the Lavender image using Espresso Truffle Memento Ink and then picked up my Copic Markers to give it some color. I used C00, C01, C03, C05, E31, BV00, BV01, BV04, G20, G21 and G24. The shading around the base of the image was done with W00, W01 and W03. After I was done stamping, I did add a bit of distressed stamping using Antique Linen Distress Ink and a background stamp from Flourishes' old set called So Distressed! I used that background on my first card and I thought that it would be fun to tie all of my images together with papers and similar "feels!" The rest is just matting it all up! The paper is a mix of Basic Grey and The Paper Studio. The stamp for the top of my white panel was from Stampin' Up as were the little lavender faux brads! 

Here's a close up!
And that, my friends is it! Have you created something fun with Power Poppy images recently? Or do you have plans to? If so, hop on over HERE and check out this weeks "Anything Goes" kind of challenge where we love to see what YOU create and maybe make YOU our next Power Poppy Peep of the Week!

If you need some fun inspiration, the Bloom Brigade has been at it again! Hop on over and see...

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Dawn Burnworth
Julie Koerber >>> you are here!
Leslie Miller
Tosha Leyendekker

Thanks for stopping by stamping friends! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

~Julie


Pin It

5 comments:

Allison Cope said...

Stunning Julie! I love the distressed feel of your front panel. Gorgeous colouring!

CherylQuilts said...

Beautiful, Julie! Just love the feel of it with the distress ink and beautifully colored image! This lavender relaxes me!! Hugs!

ChristineCreations said...

Very light and airy feeling Julie. Perfect for the freshness of lavender!

Leslie Miller said...

It's so much fun to start with a sketch and completely amazing what you did with it. You had the perfect purple papers, too. I find I don't have much in the way of purple in designer papers, and the few I do have are not so pretty as this. Beautiful coloring. Your card is totally awesome, Julie!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

What a vintage beauty Julie!! LOVE the rich purples with the espresso!! And your coloring....good grief! You got skilz my friend!!