Monday, June 23, 2014

Hello There Friend!



Hi all and Happy PageMaps Monday! It's a day when I flip through the Cardmaps sketches looking for inspiration to kick off the week! This sketch went all the way back to March of 2010! And here it is!


And, here's my take on it! I stayed pretty darn true to this sketch this time! ;-) I stamped the tulip in a bucket image from Penny Black's Friendship Flowers set (designed by Becky Fleck) using Espresso Truffle Memento Ink and then I colored up my image with Copic Markers. I used G20, G21, G24, R81, R83, and R85, C00, C01, C03 and C05 and then shaded using BG000 and BG11. 

Here's a peek!


From there, the rest is just matting it all up! I used a mix of My Mind's eye papers and that fun little ruffle up at the top was done just by literally cutting off strips of a doily and attaching it to create a scalloped edge. I wanted an easy breezy look that picked up on the doily design of the wood grain paper. Add some paper piercing, a little sentiment tag with a Stampin' Up clip and... ta da!! Done!

Here's a close up!



And, as I always say, inspiration is just a click away over at Pagemaps!! Hope your week is already off to a fabulous start! I'll see you back here soon! :-)

Happy stamping!
~Julie


Pin It

2 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

Pretty, pretty! Sweet image and love what you did with the doilies!

Carol Held said...

Love the textures Julie...just lovely!