Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Pick your Sketch!

Timeless-Tuesday-New-Logo
Hi all! I decided to get in on the fun today that the Timeless Tuesday gals are ushering in this week. And... if you play along this week, you get a shot at winning Flourishes' entire November release -- it's a fun one too!

So, here's this week's challenge -- take a look at this graphic below and pick one of the sketches below to use as your inspiration for this week's FTTC246 creation!

   FTTC246 Pick a Sketch 

I used the sketch on the right side for my creation -- here's a peek!


I decided I was going to create and kind of take on that "chalkboard" style. I stamped the swag/garland from the Home for the Holidays stamp set using Versamark Ink and then detail white embossing powder and then, I added color in spaces using colored pencils. Since I used some C'oredinations Card Stock, I was able to score an edge around my image and then sand that score line to create a rough and distressed border. I matted my image up using Echo Park Reflections Christmas paper. Add a wooden button and some twine and... almost done! You can see that I did mat it all onto some Flourishes Classic White Card Stock -- ta da!

And that, my friends, is it! If you want to stop by the Flourishes blog, you can check out the official rules for this week's challenge -- you can also see all the designers playing along this week! Just click HERE!

Well folks, Flourishes starts the sneak peeks tomorrow for its November Release -- so exciting! Hopefully, I'll see you all back here tomorrow when I show you the first set that is sure to warm the hearts of many!

See you then!

~Julie
SUPPLIES:



Pin It

3 comments:

Cheryl W. said...

That is one gorgeous card, Julie! Thanks for sharing it with us.

Connie MacFarlane said...

This is absolutely stunning Julie! I love the chalkboard technique and the swag and sentiment you used work beautifully with it. Great choice of designer papers and great take on the sketch. So glad you could play along with the Timeless Tuesday challenge this week!

Katie Sims said...

WOW...this just leaps off the screen, Julie! LOVE the chalkboard technique you used and your coloring is so pretty! Those gorgeous papers just take it over the top! :)