Friday, October 4, 2013

Happy World Card Making Day!

Image   

 Hello all and Happy World Card Making Day!  The Flourishes gals thought it would be especially fun and fitting to extend a challenge that has to do with your corner of the Cardmaking World! So, here goes:  Create something that represents or is inspired by your state or province.  We're leaving the interpretation up to you but you could be inspired by your state or province flower, your slogan, the scenery you'll find there, colors, or your state or provincial flag.   Then make sure you describe to us what the connection is!  Fun right?

On to my creation! I have to start by saying my interpretation is very loose. When I think of the area that I live in, I think of a rural, down home country feel. Right now, all the leaves are turning so it is definitely fall.

Here's a peek at the park land right behind our house....

And here is how I was inspired by the colors in that photo! I loved the golds and greens and so that's what I really decided to play up in this creation! I used Flourishes Autumn Blessings....

I stamped my image using Memento Tuxedo Black ink and then colored it all up with my Copic Markers (See below for a list of the colors that I used!) After I was done, I did cut out  my image using Flourishes Classic Keyhole die and then cut out a mat from Echo Park's Reflections Fall paper pad. In fact most of the paper came from that pack -- such beautiful falls shades! Add some ribbon, twine and a fun brad and you're pretty much done! 

Here's a close up of the coloring for you! 

And here's a close up of the fun brad that just so happens to be a part of the 123 Create Kit called Isabella from Flourishes! LOVE this antiqued look!


And that, my friends is it!! Now, on to all the important stuff....

THE OFFICIAL RULES!
  • Your keyword for online galleries is WCMDFLLCCorner, but remember you must use our InLinkz button at the bottom of the post to be entered.    
  • Entries using Flourishes stamps will be counted twice.
Playing along could win you a Flourishes stamp set of your choice!!  Now that's always fun! Here's some inspiration from our Design Teams' Corner of the World...
Keep in mind -- the deadline for entries is Friday October 11 at 5:00 PM EST and we'll announce the winner in our Saturday Winner's Circle on the Flourishes Blog. Happy creating and Happy World Card Making Day!

~Julie
SUPPLIES:


Pin It

11 comments:

Rosy Newlun said...

Wow, Julie, what a wondrous card! I am luvin' the dp in the background, your coloring and the bodacious button with twine up in the corner. Beautiful!

Allison Cope said...

Oh Julie.. your card is stunning! One of these days I'm going to see your neck of the woods - I mean we only live about 6 hours apart! You must be enjoying all the colours of autumn in your backyard!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous Julie!!

Silke Ledlow said...

Julie, this is one gorgeous inspired card...I love your interpretation of the colors! Happy WCMD...hugs ~S~

dpkennedy said...

This is just beautiful Julie! Your coloring is wonderful and your design is perfect!

Linda Carson said...

Oh so lovely Ms. Julie!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully done- your colors are gorgeous!

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!!!Beautiful photo!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Your card just oozes warmth Julie!! Just like you!! Love the papers, the sweet little brad, and of course your fabulous coloring!! You do live in a beautiful area...that's for sure!!

Unknown said...

LOVE that stamp, you have colored it beautifully! The entire design is glorious!

Dianne said...

Okay loooooove your back yard,your card is gorgeous, love the layers and the image colored to perfection, thanks for sharing..