Monday, September 16, 2013

It's PageMaps Monday!




Hello all and happy Monday! I thought I would share some fun Mondays and that's why you'll see on Monday mornings a little creativity and an opportunity for YOU to join in some fun! It's a time when I take a PageMaps sketch, share my inspiration and challenge you to use the sketch in one of your own creations. Every now and then, I'll even share some candy if you try the sketch! Of course if you want MORE inspiration than just this sketch, it is just a click away HERE at Pagemaps.com. The site has been redesigned and there are even online classes in the works! You'll have to click on over and see for yourself!

So, on to today's sketch!

And... on to my creation!


I have to say this sketch was a bit of a stretch for me. I looked at the patchwork of design and all of the elements and really saw this as a challenge! If you know me, I am a relatively simple stamper and don't usually have so much going on! ;-) But, after looking at it, I broke the sketch down, picked up some decorative paper that I thought would lend itself to snowflakes. This paper is from the Madison paper pack by Penny Black. I added a little dimension with the help of a Stampin' Up Snowflake Embossing Folder. The large snowflake is a Spellbinders. I don't see this exact die, but there are lots of fun similar shapes HERE! The sparkly paper is Stampin' Up. And, you can't really tell but the main layer is also a fun pearl paper that shimmers nicely in real life! Add some sparkly snowflakes punched from a Martha Stewart Punch and some bling and.... almost done! The flake a punched circle sentiment (from Flourishes Warm Winter Wishes Set) was matted on a shape from the Big Scalloped Circles SM die set. Add some seam binding ribbon in white and... ta da! Done!

Here's a close up of those sparkly flakes--- love how delicate they look! 

And here's the sentiment!

And that, my friends, is it! If you want to play along and use this sketch, I would love to see what you come up with! Just be sure to leave a comment with a link to your creation!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Julie


Pin It

1 comment:

Linda Carson said...

Goodness! There's so much going on in that sketch but you've made it look easy plus beautiful! Love those sparkly snowflakes, ep folder and bow!