Monday, September 23, 2013

Holiday Sketchiness!

Hi all and happy Monday! I'm back with another Pagemaps sketch today to get those creative juices flowing this week! I didn't have to look far for this sketch -- because it was one of the new ones just released with the September 1st CardMaps over at pagemaps.com! Want to see?


I loved the layers of decorative paper and really, the only element that I didn't incorporate were the little flags at the top. Other than that, I broke it down pretty literally!

On to my creation! I started by using the Winter Blossoms set by Penny Black.


So, to make my card, I stamped the holly and spruce with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink, and then colored it all up with Copic Markers (see supply list below). Add a little burgundy ribbon, a lattice rectangle die cut shape, and then, a fun little sentiment flag and... ta da! Done!

Here's a close up for you! 

If you like this sketch and want to give it a try -- I would love to see what you come up with! Just be sure to link your creation by leaving a comment on this post so I can come over to your place and see what you whipped up! And, of course, if you ever need sketch inspiration, it is only a click away HERE at PageMaps.com! 

And that, my friends, is it! Another card to sock away for the holidays! I love the fact that I am making a dent early this year! Hope your week is off to a great start and I will see you back here soon!

~Julie


SUPPLIES:
Pin It

1 comment:

Dianne said...

GORGEOUS,I love how you did the hole in the background and the image is colored beautifully, thanks for sharing..