Monday, September 2, 2013

A little sketchiness for you this Monday!

Hey sketch fans, have you been over to PageMaps today? It's the first of the month and we all know what that means—new sketches (and card sketches, too)! But this month there's even more. A fresh, new look and loads of wonderful changes have taken place behind the scenes over the past month, and all of them were revealed today. From "click to enlarge" artwork to the new PageMaps U education program, I invite you to stop by PageMaps and check them out  HERE!

And..... speaking of CardMaps. I had the fun in creating not one, not two, but three cards for this round of new card making sketches! So, I'll share one with you today and you can visit PageMaps to get a peek at the others!

So... here's a peek at the sketch!

And, here's a peek at my card creation! I used Becky's new set for Penny Black called Winter Blossoms! After stamping using Memento Tuxedo Black ink, I colored it up with Copic Markers and used YG21, YG23, YG25 and BG0000, BG000, and BG01.


You can see that I did add some stippling with the light blue shades to give my Snow Drops a backdrop of snow! The sentiment is from Flourishes Sentimental Christmas set. Add in some Madison paper from Penny Black, some seam binding ribbon in white and a few die cut shapes, and that's pretty much it! 

Here's a close up....


And, instead of the paper pierced circles in the sketch, I decided to add a flourish of pearls instead! I love the sparkle that this adds!


Before I go.. while you are hopping over to see the new PageMaps website, you should check out the blog as well. Becky is offering a little bit of a giveaway for those who comment on what their favorite part of the new site is. Post a comment by Friday and you might be the lucky winner of SCT's new Scrapbooking and Sketch Calendar! Fun stuff to keep you creative all 2014 long!

Just click HERE for all the details!

Thanks for stopping by everyone! I'll see you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

1 comment:

Linda Carson said...

Whoa! What a lavish card w/sumptuous choices of textures! It's gorgeous!