Saturday, September 21, 2013

A Boo-tiful Card for a Saturday!

Hi all! I had a little something fun to share today in between softball games and football games! Yes, with active kids, you have to steal the time when you can get it!! :-) If you stop by my blog from time to time, you might have heard me rave about Birdie Brown and all the fun over on her blog HERE. She has digital stamp releases and once a month, she offers a free image with a challenge. If you use her image and are randomly chosen with the challenge, you win three digi stamps of your choice. So, how could I refuse that offer?

You can find this month's freebie and challenge HERE.

And... here is my creation!

This card is as easy as printing it off, coloring it up with Copic Markers -- I used V04, V06, V09, YR04, YR07, YR08, YR18, YG21, YG23, Y32, Y35 and then accented my little pumpkins and B with a white gel pen. You can see I also added some shading underneath thanks to C00, C03, and C05. Mat it thanks to a Spellbinders Wonky Rectangle, some foam tape, a loopy brad that a threaded with some fun orange and black gingham ribbon. the paper was some old K and Company Halloween paper that I had. The punch is a Martha Stewart punch that I sponged with some Brilliance Moonlight White ink. And last, but not least, the background was accented with the help of a Stampin' Up Spider Web embossing folder that I embossed and then sanded. 

Want to see a close up of these darling little pumpkins? So cute!  


And that, my friends, is it! If you've never gone over to Birdie Brown's site, you really need to -- darling images there!

Hope you all have a fun and relaxing weekend! I'll see you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

4 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

So cute ! Yep Birdie Brown has fab images and a fun place to browse. Cutie cute card DD. MOM

Karen Letchworth said...

Hi Julie! I just wanted to stop by to say hello and to tell you that while I was "hopping" for Flourishes, I came here to your blog and saw your profile photo. I fell in love with your haircut. Well....today I got about four inches cut off to get myself the "Julie Koerber" look. I love my new haircut, so thanks for inspiring me! By the way, your cards are adorable, too!
Hugs,
Karen Letchworth
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Torico said...

This is fabulous! Love the layered wonky rectangles and your coloring is so "boo-tiful"! Thank you for joining in this month's challenge at Birdie Brown!

Dianne said...

Hello Miss Julie, this card is bootiful, love the layout and the cute pumpkins, thanks for sharing..