Thursday, July 4, 2013

Time for a Flourishes Release Week Challenge!

It's July!  And we're ushering in a brand new month of great stamps in the coming week from Flourishes!  So that means a great new challenge and we're inviting you to join us in!  This month it's a fun sketch to get your creativity jump-started! Here's a peek at the sketch!

  July13SketchChallenge+copy 


And, here's a look at what I did with it!


I kept my layout simple because whenever I make a card with a window -- Murphy's Law -- something turns out crooked. Or, I smear ink or... something happens where I need to start the whole shebang over again. I kid you not! So, I held my breath and made a rather simple card! (Emphasis on the whole holding my breath thing!) 

My card was easy since I picked up the 123 Create Kit called Prairie Chic. I used the yellow decorative paper from it. Added a little wood grain that I had in my scrap bin. A tag was added thanks to a circle punch, some twine and a little vintage safety pin. I cut the circle thanks to a Spellbinders Classic Circles LG die. Before I matted up my decorative paper, I did sponge on some Scattered Straw Distress Ink so that I actually used the card as my mask. I wanted it to have a glow about it when you opened the card. Thanks to the Silhouette Cut File designed for the S'more Fun stamp set, I had a perfect cut out of that darling lantern image! I colored my image up with Copics (see listing below for colors used) and when I was all done I added some glitter glue at the area where my lantern flame was and then created a frame thanks to some paper piercing.... ta da! 

And, here's a close up of the window....
And that, my friends is it!

HOW DO YOU PLAY IN THIS FUN-FILLED CHALLENGE?

  • Simply create a card using this sketch in the graphic above.
  • Entries need to be in by Friday July 12th at 5 PM EST
  • Those entries using Flourishes Stamps will be counted twice
  • You must link your creation on our InLinkz Widgit HERE to be counted
  • You must have a link to our challenge in your blog post or gallery post
  • Please DO NOT combine challenges.  Only those entries that don’t combine will be in the running
  • If you upload to SCS please use the keyword FLLCJUL13
  • Winners will be announced over on the Flourishes Blog on Saturday July 13th, so check back then to find out if you are a winner!


  • Now, for some lovely inspiration with this sketch here's what the Design Team has to show off...

    Thanks for stopping by today! Can't wait to see what you come up with using this sketch! And, mark your calendar because  TUESDAY July 9th ---- the Flourishes Sneak Peeks start! See you back here then!

    ~Julie

    SUPPLIES:




    Pin It

    13 comments:

    Tricia T said...

    Oh! I really, really like this card, Julie! I love the yellow and the light in the window. Wonderful!

    Pat Gasko said...

    Your card would light anyone's life. So beautiful.

    ChristineCreations said...

    Oh Julie, this is so pretty! I love how you did the window, the piercing is awesome and I love the popped lantern. Gorgeous yellows!

    Terry said...

    Thanks, Julie, for showing the sketch first this time. Fun trying to guess how you would dress the card to the nines! Your light shineth!
    Keep Looking UP! mt23stamperatyhodc

    Unknown said...

    Julie, this is fantastic! I am same with you and I gets nervous every time I make a window card, lol. The image and colors, papers compliments each other! I love it.

    TLady said...

    Your card came out WONDERFULLY JULIE!!!!!!!!!! :) (I'll have to try the holding of the breath thing! :) I too mess up! I'm SURE much more than you do! :)) LOOOOOOOOOVE the Paper Piercing! AND your little lantern flame is SOOO REAL! :) PERFECT JOB!!!!!!!:)

    stampqueen said...

    Wonderful card - love that stamp!!

    Mary Ann said...

    WOW!Beautiful card!Love the design,Awesome coloring!!!

    Sparkly Engineer said...

    Like your color scheme and the way you cut out the circle around your focal point

    Peachy Wessels said...

    Really cute card - I love this stamp set, it is so fun!

    Heather Rogers said...

    Love the cute window showcasing that darling camping lamp. :)

    Stacy Morgan said...

    Super cute! Your window looks great as does the piercing. I like the CAS design too.

    Silke Ledlow said...

    Julie, this card will definitely lighten up someones day :) !!! Simply beautiful!