Thursday, June 6, 2013

Bloom where you're planted!

Hi all and happy Thursday! It's time for another fun-filled Impression Obsession challenge and this one is all about the beauty of flowers! So, grab those IO stamps and join us for the "Bloom where you are Planted" Challenge! You can read up on the challenge details HERE but know, if you play along, you have a chance at a $25 gift certificate to the Impression Obsession store!

On to my creation.....


I picked up an oldie but goodie stamp for my creation and used Twin Tulips. I thought this image from Alesa Baker was super sweet. I started to color the tulips and realized that the color was going to be a bit more vibrant than I expected! ;-) I used Copic markers and used RV21, RV23 and RV25 and then added a splash of color to the outer part of my vase with G0000 and then added a little flick of color with C00 and C01. The leaves were colored with YG21 and YG23. Add a little sparkle with some glitter glue and... that's pretty much it!


And, the sentiment is just called Bloom,   which I thought was perfect for the challenge! I stamped it on a panel of white and then ran it through my die cut machine with a chevron design -- so that the sentiment would be part of the embossed area. And, because the coloring was a bit bright, I decided to keep the colors low key for my card. I added a splash or pink and light blue and then green for my mat. Here's a peek at the sentiment....


And that, my friends is it! Add a bow, a button and a little bit of twine and you have a card that could be good for any occasion! Need a little more inspiration that you can watch blossom? Just head on over and see....



Thanks for stopping by! Hope you decide to join us in the challenge -- find a flowery stamp and get those fingers inky! See you back here soon!

~Julie


Pin It

6 comments:

Rachel B. said...

Very pretty!

Ellen Taylor said...

Gorgeous card! TFS

Craftyfield said...

Gorgeous card ! You are right it's a sweet stamp.

Beth Norman said...

Lots of stuff going on here. Love the embossing, the banners, and of course your brightly coloured image. I'm playing right along with you as I have a big "wish list" on hand.

Linda Carson said...

Quite lovely!

Diane said...

So pretty.....it looks good enough to drink!!! Really like this image...adding to my ever growing "want/must have" list!