Thursday, April 18, 2013

Flowers for YOU!

Hi all and happy Thursday! Today, I have a bit of floral fun for you courtesy of Impression Obsession! The first and third Thursdays of the month, the design team ushers in a new challenge that could have you walking away with a $25 shopping spree to the IO store! So, this week's challenge? It's called Flowers for You! So, pick up those IO stamps, get them inky and let's see some flower power!

On to my creation....

Not too long ago, Impression Obsession released a darling clear set called Spring Medley and it's got four fun florals that are just begging to be colored! I picked the rose for my creation! 

I started by first cutting out my shape using the companion die called Flower Trio. After I cut my shape, I stamped my clear stamp with Tuxedo Black Memento Ink over top -- so easy with clear stamps! And then, I went to town coloring up my rose. I used these Copic Markers -- R00, R30, R0000, YG61, YG63 and G20. After I was done coloring, I added a sentiment using Versafine Smokey Gray, punched it using a 1" circle, add some gold cording and.. ta da!


The rest is just matting it all up! I mat it on THIS die cut frame. While the frame was still on my cut shape, I sponged on some Adirondack Peach Bellini ink. I also sponged some of the ink around my card base and the tag as well. Add some bling, a doily and then pop up the image with some foam tape and... voila! That, my friends, is it! 

If you want to play along in the challenge, just click HERE for all the official details! Do you need a little more floral inspiration? Just pay these fine designers a visit!


Hope your week is going well! It's been downright cold here in my neck of the woods, not feeling much like spring at all when snow flurries hit! UGH! Hopefully a little sunshine will hit this weekend in my neighborhood -- and YOURS! See you back here soon!


~Julie


Pin It

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Peach Bellini? Oh, that sounds like a back deck in the sunshine kind of thing. Sure is pretty on your card, though. Love those roses. Hang tough! I just know that by Independence Day we'll both be seeing some spring. denise g.

Greta said...

Oh my goodness, Julie! I so love this beautiful springy card! That set & dies go right to my wishlist & I'm pinning your card. Love the use of the 1/2 doily & how you colored the roses.

Dianne said...

Beautiful card Julie, the background paper is lovely and you colored the flowers so pretty, your beautiful doily behind. I love all the piercing, thanks for sharing this beauty.. Have a wonderful day..

Pattie J. said...

Lovely card with lovely bright spring colors.

Craftyfield said...

Beautiful card ! The die makes easy work of cutting that rose image...

Shona said...

Very pretty, the colours are so lovely!

Beth Norman said...

So fresh and fun. I really like the colours you used. You are a super colourer. I love to colour too and just finished three images.

Mary Ann said...

Beautiful card!colors are great!