Thursday, October 18, 2012

It's a Free for All!


Hi all! Just as in release week’s past — the week after release the Flourishes' design team hosts a free for all — where they pick up their favorite sets of the release and play with any or all! So, get ready for a feast for the eyes today! And, TODAY is the very last day to take advantage of the October New Release Bundle — when you can get all five sets for 10% off the retail price. Just click HERE to see the bundle in the store!

On to my creation!

For my card, I knew I wanted to take that darling apron from the Fresh Baked set and do a little paper piecing. So, I grabbed the oldie but goodie paper called Olivia and stamped a few times on coordinating papers. I should say, before I did this, I actually used my Silhouette Cameo and the Fresh Baked Silhouette Cut file and cut out my image first. And then, stamped the apron and wooden spoon on Flourishes Classic White using Rich Cocoa ink. Then.... I let the paper piecing fun begin!The little wooden spoon was colored up with Copic markers (see the supplies list below to see the collections I used). From there, I used a Spellbinders Classic Circles Lg die, a Blossoms die and then started the fun by matting it all up. While the dies were still on the shape of paper, I did sponge on some Spun Sugar ink. Add some fun seam binding ribbon, some stitching, lace and .... ta da! All done! 

Here's a close up of that fun apron! 


And then, on the inside, I stamped another image from the set using Spun Sugar ink just for funsies!

And that, my friends is it! Just a fun and easy creation to send to a friend. I figure this would be a good congratulations card -- with that sentiment "How Sweet It Is!", a good card to attach to some baked goodies -- the sky is the limit!

Now be sure to hop on over and see what the design team has in store!

That's it from me this Friday. I hope you have fun plans for the weekend! Mine includes some girl time, some kid time, some time watching my DS play football and then... some time to kick my feet up. What could be better? Hope life treats you well this weekend in your neck of the woods! :-)



SUPPLIES USED:





Pin It

12 comments:

TLady said...

Julie!
This is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!! :) WOW!!!!! LOVE the layout, the layers, the ribbon, the way you added dimension! I LOVE that sentiment too!!!!!!!! :) WHAT A FUN CARD!!!!!!!!!!!! PERFECT for PAPER PIECING!!!!! :) AND I LOVE what you did INSIDE the card too!!!!!!!! :)

Allison Cope said...

Just gorgeous Julie! You did a fabulous paper piercing job on your apron - it's so darling! Great card!

Anonymous said...

Very sweet indeed! Love the paper piecing that you did. Love this card!
Beth Greco

Julie Koerber said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stacy Morgan said...

Julie this is adorable. I like the paper piecing and great stitching.

ChristineCreations said...

Now that is SO cute! I love the gingham apron, the rosy tones and the spoon paired with it! Great use of the cut files :)

Melody said...

Darling! I love that little apron!

Mary Ann said...

Wow!Sooo cute...Love the stamps...

dpkennedy said...

Love it, love it, love it! Dang, did I mention that I love it?

Heather Rogers said...

Love it! Your apron looks so stinkin' cute...that paper looks like fabric. :)

Hugs~

Colleen said...

Julie,
How adorable, I love everything about it.

Donna Ellis said...

What a cheery, homey, comfy card! Your details are sweet as can be - love the stitching and embellishments in the layers. The pie on the inside is just the right touch. Thanks for sharing your artwork!