Friday, July 20, 2012

Just Smile!

Hi all! It's the final day of the Impression Obsession sneak peeks! The designers have been showing off all the new goodies being released this week at CHA. And... I should add -- all of the new stamps are live on the IO Store as we speak if you just click HERE! You're going to want to grab a cup of coffee -- because there are a lot of fun new images to look at!  

On to my creation! This one is really close to a 10-minute card and is perfect for those times when you really just need to send a little pick me up to a friend!
All I did was stamp THIS border called Smile Giggle along a strip of hot pink paper. The sentiment  -- called Light in the Window -- was stamped on a Spellbinders Labels Eight die cut shape (I cut twice - once out of white and a second out of decorative paper and then cut the dp die cut shape in half to create this two toned shape). Add some decorative paper, some black seam binding ribbon, flowers and a decorative button threaded with some pink and white twine, some paper piercing and.... ta da! It's a quick and easy card that's sure to bring a smile to anyone who receives it!

Want to check out what some of the other IO gals created today? Just hop on over and see....

  • Daniela Dobson
  • Dina Kowal
  • Jenny Groop
  • Julie Koerber
  • Laura Fulcher


  • I should mention that if you comment on their blogs, you have a shot at winning a $25 gift certificate to the IO store! Check out the Impression Obsession Blog HERE for all the official details! I hope you had fun this week seeing some of the new IO offerings -- I know I had fun sharing and will continue to have fun creating!  See you back here soon!

    ~Julie

    Pin It

    28 comments:

    Marsha said...

    I really like this card - truly made me smile & giggle!

    kathy s said...

    what a great border- and for any age or sex love it and all the new images too- where do I start in choosing which to get first- hard to pick a fave

    Craftyfield said...

    Made me smile too!

    denise g. said...

    Grins from the mitten over this one, Julie. I really like how you cut that patterned paper and used it on the lower 1/2 of your light in the window. How easy to use that if you need to make 2 5 minute cards! Happy weekend!

    lisa808 said...

    Great sentiment.

    Sandy (Cheesy) said...

    What a fun card, Julie. Those sentiments are fun and your colors add to the happy feeling.

    jimlynn said...

    So much fun and just precious. Love all that pink! Cute sentiment too.
    Lynn

    NancyK said...

    The saying along the side made me smile, giggle, etc! Cute card!

    Jayne said...

    These are fun stamps. Thanks for the inspiration.

    Helena (Gvendalen) said...

    Lovely stamps and backgroundi

    Shelly Schmidt said...

    This is just so fun! Love this card- and the pink : ) It would look great in any color and I could see giving this to all three of my kids!

    Miriam Prantner said...

    I LOVE that border! So funny, LOVE the SNORT! very cute card!

    pam said...

    Really cute card....I'm linking the sentiment!

    Paula Huiras said...

    Cute card. Love the colors too.
    PH

    Karen McAlpine said...

    Another super sentiment stamp!!! Love your bright and cheerful card.

    Patti J said...

    What fun! Your card is so creative, and cheerful - thanks for sharing, Julie!

    Dawn said...

    I love this smile giggle border, so cute

    Denise Bryant said...

    Fun card! It does bring a smile!
    It's been a great week of blog hopping!
    DeniseB

    Linda Carson said...

    fun, fun, fun! This will make someone's day brighter for sure!

    Sandy said...

    Your card makes me smile!
    sandy

    Katie said...

    Really pretty card. Love that stamp! Thanks for sharing!

    Katie B.

    I had to refresh word verification I don't know how many times today to "prove I am not a robot" - very frustrating.

    Pat said...

    Such a bright and cheery card....love that sentiment!

    Anonymous said...

    Nice quick and easy card.

    Margie F.

    Anonymous said...

    I love the sentiment border...so funny and the font is so fun! Thanks for sharing a bright and cheery card (it's raining on the east coast).

    creativearts said...

    Made me smile!

    Rozy said...

    Great card! It's "happy!" Love the colors and the way you used those stamps. Thanks for sharing!

    Nelda said...

    Nice card. Love the pink! Nelda

    Marilyn Nimmo said...

    simple, fun and FABULOUS!