Monday, November 22, 2010

A whimsical sketch!

Hi all! I'm a little late with this post! On Friday, Flourishes posted a sketch to try and some of the Flourishes gals used it along with some of the newly released sets. Well, I didn't want to let this sketch go by! So... I say, better late than never!


Here's a peek at the sketch....



And, here's a peek at my card!
I used a mix of BasicGrey and My Mind's Eye decorative papers and just went crazy with the patterns! After following the sketch, I added some pinked edges, a little cotton linen ribbon and some bling and... that's really all there is to the card itself. The stamped image (stamped on Flourishes Classic White) is from the Warm Winter Wishes set. I used one of the mittens. Stamped, masked and stamped the mitt again to look like a layered pair and then colored it up with Copic markers - BG11, BG0000, R29, C00 and C03. On the heart, I stamped the mitt again, colored the heart, cut it out, popped it up and then added TONS of glitter glue! ;-) See?

And that, my friends, is it! I tell ya -- I don't know about you but one pair of mittens just won't work in my neck of the woods right now. As I sit and type this, the weatherman is on the TV talking about the arctic blast that is headed our way. I thought it had already arrived when the thermometer read 14 degrees today! As the TV guy sometimes says -- it's a three cat day -- meaning you need three cats sleeping at your feet to keep your tootsies warm! ;-)

Hope life is good where you are! I have a free day today so I'll be busy in my stamp room for sure.... stay tuned! Oh, and if you stopped by here to comment on the Spellbinder's Holiday Hoppin' Blog Hop, be sure to hop on over to the Spellbinders Blog HERE today to see if you won!

Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

Janine said...

Hi Julie!!! Love this one!!
Have a great week!!

ChristineCreations said...

YUMMMY Julie! I love the combination of stripedy paper and snowflakes. Great color combination and a great sketch.

It's pretty frosty up here too whew! We need two pairs of those mittens :)

Hope you had a wonderful birthday!

denise g. said...

Glad to see you survived the event and that it didn't impair your creative ability - SUPER CUTE CARD!! Stay warm and if your tootsies are cold, put 'em up on the couch and have your RED HOT MAMA sit on them!?!! Happy Thanksgiving Koerber/Adam Clan!

Leslie Miller said...

I need to get myself busy and use this sketch, too. Love the fun of it, and it's perfect for those cute mittens. Hey, it snowed here today! Very unusual this time of year!

The Rubber Maid said...

Cute use of the little mitten. Love it. MOM

Stampvanwinkle said...

So Pretty Julie, Love the colors and cute image.