Monday, November 8, 2010

Alleluia Angel

Hi all and Happy Monday! I have a fun little surprise for y'all today! It's a new take on an old favorite from Flourishes and it's being re-released today! So, without further ado, take a peek at...
I have to say, when I chose red for this card, I was definitely influenced by THIS beautiful card by Barbara Anders. While Barbara chose a distressed look, I just loved that angel in red! I also loved that she used the Christmas Music stamp set with this image. How perfect, right?

So, I chose some decorative paper (Webster's Pages), and stamped my angel using Cranberry Adirondack ink. Add a decorative strip, thanks to one of the decorative elements in the set, a little gold leaf pen, some bling, some pretty two-tone ribbon and... voila! Done! I will say, after I stamped the angel, I did go over the shaded parts with a Tombow Blender Pen to darken those areas and add a little more shading. See?
Now a little bit about the stamp set! This set, which is available now HERE, was one of Marcella Hawley's very first stamp sets - that angel is her fabulous handiwork! I should point out that the images in this set are a little smaller than the original -- but are still perfect for cards (The angel measures roughly 2-1/2 by 3"). This is a half set - meaning all of these images are in a 4 by 3" set, and retails for just $8. Love that!

The D.T. was super excited to see this angel re-released and couldn't wait to jump in and create some samples for today's big unveiling! So, be sure to stop by and pay a visit to.....

  • Christine Okken
  • Dawn Burnworth
  • Laura Fredrickson
  • Leslie Miller
  • Stacy Morgan

  • Wednesday the sneak peeks begin for Flourishes' November release! You won't want to miss a second of the fun! See you back here soon!

    15 comments:

    Glenda said...

    Your card just speaks to me. I love this set! Your choice of color is wonderful!

    Dawn B. said...

    Julie this is gorgeous.. Would have never thought to do it this way.. Your paper is wonderful and warm.. Great job..:)

    ChristineCreations said...

    How warm and rich this card is Julie! Great papers together and she looks so pretty angled down more spilling the stars!

    Charlette Finley said...

    What a truly lovely card. I love the colors and the Dp you used on this. And the stamping on the DP great! Everyone did such a great job with this stamp set. I had to check and see if I had this woo hoo I do! TFS

    Laura (scrapnextras) said...

    Just lovely Julie! I love the red and the musical background. She looks beautiful stamped on the DP!

    Amanda said...

    Oh my word, JULIE!! I am simply Stunned and Loving your Beautiful card!! It's just Perfection! The red color is the perfect red and your design really showcases the angel well!! I love it!! :)

    Stacy Morgan said...

    Very elegant in red and cream Julie. I like that you complimented the angel with the sheet music, great touch.

    Emily Keaton said...

    Absolutely beautiful! I love your monochromatic approach. So elegant :)

    Heather Rogers said...

    Oh Julie she is beautiful. I love he in Cranberry. The color combo is perfect. :)

    Pattie said...

    GOR-JUSS! I love all the red!

    Leslie Miller said...

    Today's angel cards are beyond fabulous! I'm loving them all! This with the red and somewhat vintage look is right up my alley. Your stamping really shows the detail in the angel. Such a beautiful card, Julie!

    dpkennedy said...

    Ooh Julie, this is so beautiful! I love the pp you stamped on and the red ink is perfect! Stunning!

    Stampvanwinkle said...

    Julie, this is so beautiful and elegant. Such a great idea to stamp the image on designer paper. Lovely layout and ribbon. Great Work!!

    Janine said...

    Gorgeous Julie!!!

    stampqueen said...

    Love hos she looks in the red and these DP's are perfect!!!