Thursday, October 21, 2010

Focus on a Phrase....

Hi all! It's time for another Impression Obsession challenge and this one -- is all about quotes and phrases. Kelli challenged us to make your favorite quote a focal point on your card. So... here goes!
I wanted my card to be clean and simple. I did, however, use a handful of stamps! I used the Cover a Card Distressed Courdoroy on the Background and stamped it vertically and then horizontally using Versamark watermark ink. I love the cross hatch look it created! After that, I decided to accent a corner using some of IO's silhouette stamps. I love these for the graphic impact that they have. I used Silhouette 7 and Silhouette 12 and stamped it in a medium brown (Vivid Taupe) and black (Vivid Black). Next came the sentiment! It's called Love Life and I just stamped it using black ink. Add a punched border, a button and string and... just that simple!

Want to see what the other IO gals did to put a sentiment center stage? Just click on over and see....

Daniela Dobson
Deborah March
Dina Kowal
Jenny Gropp
Laura Fulcher
Shirley Ross

Remember, if you want to play in the challenge, you have until Saturday and there's a $25 gift certificate on the line! You can read all about it here! Thanks for stopping by and I'll see you back here soon! :-)

12 comments:

Katarina said...

Wow! Serene and elegant, just beautiful!

Jerri Jimenez said...

A gorgeous card Julie!

Anonymous said...

A very sophisticated card! Love it! Thanks for the inspiration, Julie.
Ann H.

Emily Keaton said...

Beautiful and sophisticated, Julie!

Shirley said...

How true and how lovely too!

Jan Castle said...

I like the card...clean and yet elegant...very pretty! Thanks for sharing.
Jan Castle

Heather Rogers said...

It may be CAS but it is still beautiful. The sentiment is perfect Julie. :)

Deborah March said...

Clean, fresh, and a great quote!

Katie said...

I love this card. It is amazing how all of the subtle stamping really polishes the card up and makes it look sophisticated. The muted color combo looks great and I love all of the details you added, like the paper piercing and the scalloped edge. Thank you for sharing!

Katie

Stampvanwinkle said...

Julie, I love your card. It is so elegant, lovely colors and the background is perfect.

C said...

Simply elegant!

denise g. said...

Ok, this is one of THE best examples of creative stamping I have seen in a long time. WOW!!!
I like the whole look, especially that backgrounder and how you STAMPED the flowers/leaves. I don't know why, but for some reason this morning I am VERY impressed with you. Probably need much more sleep...