Thursday, June 17, 2010

IO Challenge... Seeing RED!

Hi all and Happy Thursday! I have another IO Challenge to share and this one could have you seeing red!! This time, it's a color challenge and all you need to do is #1 use at least one Impression Obsession stamp and #2 showcase the color red! You can read up on the challenge HERE. We hope you play -- you could have your card featured on the IO Blog AND you just might win a $25 gift certificate to the IO store!

So... here goes! I wanted to make a birthday card to have in my stash and I used one of the brand new stamps just released by IO for its summer release! You can check it out all the new stamps HERE. Lots of fun stuff!


I used the new Everything's Rose Cupcake from Alesa Baker and colored it up with Copics I used E25,E27, E37, B00, R24, R27, R27, and then G40, G82 and G85 for the greens. From there, I stamped the sentiment - A Bit Sweeter - on a notched out strip of white card stock. The rest is really simple -- add some dp, a scalloped square (Nestabilities die), some stitching and a little bling and... done!

Here's a close up. You can see I had to add a little bit of pizazz with glitter! ;-)
So, if you are a fan of the color red, hope you make time to play! If you need a little extra inspiration, be sure to visit the rest of the IO DT and see what they cooked up!

Deb
Jeanne
Jenny
Daniela
Laura
Dina
Kathy
Rosemary

Thanks for stopping by! See you back here soon! :-)

9 comments:

Katarina said...

Such a cheerful card, I love the red gingham!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love this bright and perky card...super cute. Mom

Jenny Gropp said...

Ohhhhh, this looks good enough to eat! YUM.

Karen McAlpine said...

Very cheery card. I would love to receive it! LOL

Daniela Dobson said...

So pretty, I love that stamp!

Deborah March said...

Such a HAPPY card Julie! :)

Laura said...

Love how you combined all the patterns together!

Anonymous said...

An awesome card. I love red and white cards. Thanks for sharing.

Joan
MN

Shirley said...

Absolutely lovely! and so feminie too!