Thursday, February 11, 2010

Sharing a little Stamp Simply luck!

Hi all and TGIF! It's time for another Stamp Simply challenge and this one will have you seeing green.... and purple! It's a color challenge. Any shades go, so grab your stamp, some lucious papers, and embellishments and let's Stamp Simply!


For my creation, I picked up the brand new stamp set from Flourishes (being released tonight) called Irish Blessings.

I stamped my main image using Memento ink a couple times onto Flourishes Classic White Card Stock and then colored the clover up with Copics in the Spring Greens collection grouped by Flourishes. I also added B10 to part of the wrap to give it some depth as well as the centers of the flower. Cut out your clover and cut out some extra four leaf petals and pop them up on your main image and bam... almost done! I did add some pearls to the wrap and Stickles to parts of the clover to give it some razzle dazzle!

For the card, I matted my main image onto a Labels 8 Nestabilities die that I had sponged with Antique Linen Distress ink. Add some beautiful satin ribbon to mimic the wrap on the clover bunch along with some more pearls and finish it off with a stitched border and a small sentiment.

Here's a close up to show the popped up parts...


I will say I added sparkles because of this GORGEOUS decorative paper that Miss Sharon sells in her store. Oh my, this is beautiful stuff and it's actually a part of a kit that you can see HERE.
Not to enable, but in the kit you get beautiful ribbon and bling in addition to the paper. I decided I would try to challenge myself to create at least a half dozen cards with this kit so look for that next week!

Want to see what the other gals whipped up this week? Head on over and see....

Deb --- our new Guest Designer for February!
Sharon
Janine
Jennifer
AJ
Tammy
Barbara
Jenny
Barb
Deb

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here soon!

19 comments:

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is just stunning Julie -- totally love your clean layout!!! Way to go -- purple and green!!! Love it!!!

Deb Neerman said...

LOVE that stamp, Jewels! And you've colored it so beautifully! Love the layout, the yummy ribbon, and those precious pearls!!

Stacy Morgan said...

This is super cute. I love the popped up ones. Great sparkly paper too.

ChristineCreations said...

Oh Julie, this has such a beautiful sense of dimension...beautifully done...and oooo that sparkly paper!

Chriss Blagrave said...

Love this posie full 'o shamrocks!

Barbara said...

Stunning, Julie!!! This is a perfect image for these colors! I love this!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Very pretty! I love your background image panel...a perfect choice of color to highlight the image!

Tammy Hershberger said...

GORGEOUS design, Julie! That new stamp set is FABULOUS!

Liz Williams said...

Love these choices of colors. Thanks for the sneak peek at this very lovely stamp.

Cindy H. said...

Wow, all the work you put into showcasing this lovely image really shows. It's GORGEOUS!!!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this great shamrock image- lovely bouquet- and love your beautiful coloring and card layout!

Janine said...

Oh my goodness Julie this is amazingly beautiful!!

dstandard said...

Gorgeous card!

Leslie Miller said...

This is deLICIOUS, Julie! From the gorgeous purple paper, to the fabulous new stamp set, right on down to the beautiful and creative use of the ribbon and pearls. Love it!

AJ said...

fabulous Julie- wow- those flowers must have taken forever to cut out!

מימס mimms said...

Gorgeous card' love the color combo
and the pop up dimension you gave to
the leaves and flowers .

Jennifer said...

oh my, what a gorgeous card!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous purple and green combo, Julie! Those wrap studs add subtle class. You go, girl!
mt23stamper

C said...

Wow...stunning!