Thursday, October 22, 2009

Stamp Simply.....Hip to be Square Style!

Hi all and TGIF! It's time for another Stamp Simply challenge and this one is all about feeling square! Here's the deal - NO rounded corners on todays card. No ovals, no circular punches or die cuts, only square shapes. The card must be square and all layers added must have squared corners. Want to see the offical rules? Just click HERE to head on over to Sharon Johnson's site!

Now... to my super duper easy peasy card! This is truly a 10 minute card.....

I stamped my floral corner (Penny Black) using Ancient Page Coal. I colored it up with watercolor pencils, blended with a blender pen and then added some hot fix crystals in yellow. I added the sentiment in the lower right corner and then decided to add a punch of color in a square. I used post it notes to mask off a square and then sponged the color (Dandelion Memento) in the square. Remove the mask and... then it's time to add your green and yellow mat onto a 4-1/4" card. Add some fun ribbon from the Stamp Simply Ribbon Store and you're done!

Wanna be square too? Join us in this week's challenge! If you need a little extra inspiration, just visit these amazing Stamp Simply designers! ;-)

Sharon
Amy, October Guest Designer
Janine
AJ
Tammy -- is taking the night off! Rest up Tammy!
Deb
Barbara
Jenny
Barb-- she's filling in for Jennifer Buck who is taking time off! :-)

Thanks for stopping by! I'll see you back here soon!


13 comments:

slbt17 said...

beautiful!
Sandra

Joan Fricker said...

Great card Julie. I love the colors and the simplicty.

Joan

Diane said...

Very lovely Julie!

denise g. said...

This is bright and cheerful and summer-like. Thank you! Maybe I need to print out the pretty cards you've done that make me think "sunshine" and tape them over my windows to cheer myself up.

Tammy Hershberger said...

Slept like a log... thanks! :) Adorable card, Julie! LOVE the square stamped with the sentiment too, to carry out the theme!

Julia Aston said...

I love your flowers with the bling and the matching ribbon - as well as the sentiment stamped over the color block!

Darlene said...

Beautiful creation Julie!! LOVE the colors and springy brightness! I especially like how you used the yellow square behind your sentiment ... awesome! Have a great weekend my friend!!

Barbara Schram said...

That mask of color is a great idea Julie! I love the vibrant use of your papers, ribbon, and coloring! Have a good weekend, my friend!

Barbara said...

Gorgeous, Julie!!! LOVE that square of yellow--it makes the sentiment just POP!!

Jocelyn aka JoBear2 on My SCS Gallery said...

Hi from Australia!!
Love your card - it's so beautiful!! That gingham ribbon is absolutely gorgeous too!

Deborah Saaranen said...

Fresh and pretty Julie!

Traci M said...

This is so fresh and lovely, the square of yellow just makes it pop with visual interest!!

Amy Rohl said...

Love this color combo--so fresh and fun! The gingham is delicious, and I love the color block of yellow, perfectly placed!