Friday, September 11, 2009

The peeks are over!!!

Whew! When Flourishes' release week hits, I always feel like I'm on a roller coaster ride full of thrills!! I've got my arms up -- WEEEEeeeeEEEE! Sorry, I couldn't resist! The good news is -- the teasing is over and the new sets from Flourishes are in the store! All you need to do is click HERE to check them out! It's pure eye candy! :-)

I did want to show another card that I made with the THINK PINK: Fight Like a Girl set! This set is very special to all of us at Flourishes because a portion of the proceeds will be donated to the Susan G. Komen Foundation to help in the fight against breast cancer.

Now to my card!
I wanted to create a kind of peek-a-boo card where the circle on the front of the card concealed the message on the inside of the card. So that, when you opened it up, you found a message of "hope."

There's really not much to this card! The paper is a mix of BasicGrey Urban Prairie and Bittersweet papers. The pearls are also BasicGrey and the circles and scalloped circles are just punched from SU. I used Rhubarb ink from Memento -- and that is it! Oh, I almost forgot - the ribbon on the front of my card is paper pieced and I did add a little razzle dazzle with the help of some Pink Shimmerz!


See?

That's it my friends! Thanks for sticking with me this week! I hope you had fun! Have a great weekend and I'll see you all back here soon!

10 comments:

Kay said...

Hey, I hear you give good blog! HA I already knew that ... I was late to the party, but I thought I'd stop in and say hi! Hope all is well in your corner of the world! I love your PINK creations!

Bev J. said...

Great design for your card-really like the dp used. tfs

Debbie Nelson said...

Love your card..as a ten year breast cancer survivor, I think it is awesome to support the Susan Komen foundation this way! Thank you!

denise g. said...

Wonderful design and love the papers you chose. That shimmery paper pieced ribbon is so pretty. Like the eyelet look edging on the left, too. Happy Weekend!

BALLET NEWS said...

Oh WOW, this is a great post & you have the most gorgeous site here. I had to stop by to leave this comment for you – and to say hello of course ! Your posts are creative and original and you have interesting pictures. It's all perfect ! Thank you for sharing your site and best wishes....

Shirley said...

Truly a lovely worth while project and a beautiful artistic creation, Julie!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh so pretty, I love the papers you used with this set. Great job.

Joan Fricker said...

Beautifully done Julie! Great papers and great design.

Joan

Janine said...

Hi Julie!! I am BACK! It was an amazing weekend. I will tell you all about it!!
Love your card!!
Hope you had a good weekend too.

Velta said...

Julie ~ This simple, elegant card says it all!!! What a beautiful tribute to all breast cancer survivors and those who are going through this tragic time in their lives!