Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's Christmas In July!

It's about that time for another Impression Obsession Challenge served up by the Design Team! It's a challenge you can play in! All you need to do is click HERE to find out about all the fun!

This beauty of a stamp is called Ice Skate Stockings (F2354 by Leigh Hannan) and will be released in about two weeks at CHA! Isn't it pretty? I love the crisp and clean look! I stamped it in permanent black ink and then stamped with a mix of Copic markers and accented it with some Copic Spica glitter pens. I did stamp the top of this twice so that I could cut out the bow and pop it up a bit! Use a Curved Rectangle die from Spellbinders for the main image and mat and... you're almost done! All you need now is some fun decorative paper in Christmas Colors! I also added a self stick silver pearl as my "nail" that was holding up my stocking. I know it is a bit shocking to see a Christmas card in July -- but I am going to "glass half full" it and say I am just one step closer to getting my Christmas cards done this year! :-)

Want to see how the other IO gals packaged up some fun for our Christmas in July challenge? Just click on and see....

Deborah March
Dina Kowal --- She has blog candy too!
Jeanne Streiff
Jenny Gropp
Kelli Richardson
Laura Fulcher
Shirley Ross
Tina Werner
Kathy Menzies

I'll be back with another twice as nice Friday -- the Flourishes Focus will be a 'highlight' and you just might want to pull out your little black dress for this week's Stamp Simply challenge! Do you like those hints?

See you back here tomorrow!

10 comments:

Joan Fricker said...

Julie, this is adorable. I love the extra popped up bow. Great job in coloring too!!

Joan

Deborah March said...

I just LOVE this stamp Julie...what a beautiful card you've created with it!

tina werner said...

beautiful julie! i love that you cut it out, it actually looks like it's hanging off the card front!

Stacy Morgan said...

Oh I love the skates, and yes the clean and crisp look is perfect!

The Rubber Maid said...

What a great Christmas card this will make. Love it! Mom

Connie M. said...

This is such a fun Christmas card, Julie! Love the popped up bow, and layered nesties!

Anonymous said...

merry Christmas sweetie!!!!!! Such a cheerful card!

Melisa Waldorf said...

I LOVE Leigh Hannon images! This one is just adorable!!

Daniela Dobson said...

Beautiful in every way!

Jenny Gropp said...

Cutting it out really adds depth and makes it looks like it really is hanging from your silver pearl/nail! Great card Julie!