Saturday, March 21, 2009

Sweet Peas for a Sweetie!

Last weekend, SCS picked my bud Stacy Morgan as the Featured Stamper and I couldn't have been more excited for her! So... I quick-like searched her SCS Gallery and found a beauty to case! I just love her crisp and clean design. She does it so well!

So THIS is the card I picked. And below is my version!

For starters, I stamped my Sweet Peas (Flourishes) off the right side using Versamark ink and then embossing it with silver detail embossing powder. Then... let the fun begin! I started by coloring all the flowers with Shimmerz! Many times you will see folks color their image with markers, colored pencils or even Copics and then go over their image with a neutral color of Shimmerz. Well, I opted to paint directly with Shimmerz!

For starters, I used a base coat of Pink Poinsettia. While the paint was still wet, I dabbed on some Pink and Hotty Pink to add some depth to all my flowers. For my leaves, I painted the base in Celery and then added a splash of Sagebrush to add some depth. It you meld these colors while the base color is still wet, these paints blend beautifully!

The rest is pretty self explanatory - my dp is Stampin' Up, Silk ribbon tied in a knot, Scallop created by an SU edge punch, grommets (Mark Richards) and pearls (Kaiser Craft)

Now for a peek at the sparkle! It just looks so soft and feminine in real life!

I am convinced that there are hundreds of ways to use these paints!!But, when in doubt, a simple paintbrush and a lovely stamp to color works beautifully too!

For more details on the Featured Stamper -- click HERE. This is one of my favorite challenges so it was double the fun being able to case a friend!

Thanks for stopping by!

18 comments:

Anonymous said...

Julie, this card is so beautiful. I just love it, really LOVE IT!

Anonymous said...

This is lovely, Julie. The way you painted the sweet peas looks fabulous!

Elena said...

So beauitful! Embossing gives a very nice elegant look!

The Rubber Maid said...

That is simply gorgeous. I'm going to order that set as I've seen nothing but stellar cards done with it. Mom

csroyal said...

Gorgeous! Absolutely beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Totally Gorgeous Julie!! I love the silver and pink. Just gorgeous.
Have a great weekend

Jennifer Buck said...

Wowzers! This is BEAUTIFUL, Julie! I LOVE it! I tagged you! http://thebuckstampshere.blogspot.com/2009/03/day-at-races.html Hope you can play! Hugs & :)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous and so elegant - Julie!!!
What a fab case!!!

Janine said...

Beeutiiiifullll!!! I love it Julie!!

Penny said...

Oh this is just beautiful - what lovely shimmer and shading on the flowers!

By the way, I forgot to tell you that you are an enabler for Shimmerz as I now have 9 pots of it!! Love the stuff!

Darlene said...

This is stunning Julie! Your ribbon is luscious and the pearled brads perfect! I really love the embossing ... stunning!!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Julie, your watercolouring is so delicate and pretty. And that stamp set... I think I raved about it last week too!

Curt in Indy said...

Wow Julie! I can't believe that this was "painted" with Shimmerz! You did a fantastic job! The pinks and silver embossing on this card is remarkable! Best, Curt

Norine said...

this card is just beautiful
Hugs
Norine

Bev J. said...

Simply gorgeous! Love the silver embossing and the shimmery color. tfs

Anonymous said...

gorgeous. I love this card and the stamp set!

Diane said...

Stunning as always!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Your embossed image is just beautiful and your coloring with the Shimmerz is totally gorgeous!!!