Wednesday, March 11, 2009

I'm back.... with a peek!

It's March release time at Flourishes and if you needed a dose of spring -- do I have one for you!

Introducing....


Flourishes' artist Marcella Hawley has been at it again and she's created a set of Sweet Peas that are just too delicate for words. It's a perfect image to watercolor, add chalk for subtle color or even a bold look with Copics. I have tried it many ways! I even used this stamp set as a background!

See?

I just think that is a beautiful accent! Now for a peek at my card!
I stamped the large sweet pea image on a piece of cold press watercolor paper and then started coloring with the help of reinkers in two shades of pink and two shades of green.

Mat it up on some aqua paper and add some organdy white ribbon with a blingy ribbon slide and... voila! Done!

Here's a close up!

Want to win this set? You should head on over to the Flourishes Newsletter and leave a comment on Day 1 of the sneak peeks! All you need to do is tell us which flower you would love Marcella to draw and put on polymer!! It's that simple!

This set along with two others will be released this Friday night -- March 13th-- at the tail end of our Release Party set for 8 to 10 central in the Flourishes Forum on Splitcoast.

Now... for some blog hopping!

Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Faith Hofrichter
Latisha Yoast
Laura Fredrickson
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Jan Marie Caruso
Nancy Kirk
Sharon Doolittle

See you back here tomorrow for DAY 2 of our sneak peeks! Want a hint? Tomorrow's set promises to be a "go to" when you need to add an elegant flair to your cards! Until then!



27 comments:

Denise said...

What a beautiful card! The coloring of image is just stunning.

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh my Julie! Seriously, these are lovely! Absolutely lovely! Your coloring is so delicate and that bling? WOWzers! I can't wait to see all the others!

P.S. Check out my blog to see my remodeled stamping area -I am in heaven!

Cindy Lawrence said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card, Julie!!! I love the two shades of pink on the flowers...sooooo deLISH! :)

Kim said...

Julie, this is STUNNING! What a beautiful card! Your colouring is so perfect. I love this stamp!!

Janine said...

Now these I really like!!!

Angel said...

amazing!! it does make a gorgeous bg!

Heather said...

Stunning, Julie, this looks like a gorgeous set.

Anonymous said...

Oh My! Sweet peas are a memory from childhood. ACH! you make me feel old (or maybe it's the bitter wind and s-n-o-w flying around in my world today). These stamps are BEAUTIFUL and you definitely did them justice, as usual. Will be back tomorrow to see if you can ever stamp something mediocre or if I have to wipe the drool off the keyboard again.

NancyK said...

So pretty and delicate - love the way you watercolored this image - and the bling is perfect!

Anonymous said...

Julie I love the way you've brought these Sweet Peas to life!

Kelly said...

Really, really pretty!

Stacy Morgan said...

Gorgeous! Oh I love the soft pinks, and the background is perfect! Fantastic job Julie!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

This is so pretty in pink! Love the softness of the flowers with your colouring and the blingy ribbon slide is the perfect accent!

ChristineCreations said...

Your watercoloring on this one is SO beautiful Julie! The variation of the colors really shows and gives it life!

And the gems and ribbon are just over the top gorgeous!

Ann said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card!

Latisha said...

beautiful my dear, absolutely beautiful! This was such an easy set to work with, love love love it!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the "sweet peas", and this is a stunning card. wouldn't mind having this lovely image in my collection. Beautiful DD. Mom

Anonymous said...

Oh, how could this be any prettier, Julie? Not possible! Your shading on the flowers gives them so much life and movement. The rhinestone studded heart is absolutely the most ideal accent for a flower called "sweet pea". This is just perfection!

Silke Ledlow said...

Simply beautiful - Julie!!! Love the soft colors and the awesome bling ribbon holder!!!

Deborah March said...

Absolutely STUNNING Julie!! This is a MUST HAVE set for me!!

Betty Wright said...

Julie!!!! LOVE these colors and your coloring is fabulous!!!! Love the idea of using the image as a background. Lovely card!!!!!

Sewflake said...

I loved how you used the large image to create your "background paper". All the shading is wonderful.

Nancy said...

Tried to leave a comment yesterday but Blogger wouldn't let me.
I love how you did the background with this set, and the main image is just gorgeous!

Bev J. said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love it as a background stamp too-very pretty. tfs

Diane said...

OMG!!! Gorgeous girl!!!

Shirley said...

Talk about an artist! This is just so elegant!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Julie!! Your coloring is so soft I love this.