Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A sale, an award, and.. oh yeah.. a card!

Hi all! Happy Wednesday! First of all, I would love to direct your attention to the left side of my blog! See the button - Stamps For Sale? Click on it and you'll see my "virtual stamp garage sale" got a WHOLE lot bigger. All of the prices are at or below wholesale prices and shipping is actual shipping. Why? I need room!!! So I am enabling you to click away! If you see anything you like, email me at juliekoerber@bresnan.net.
Now, to a fun, fun, fun award my friend Curt put together himself! It's the "You Inspire Me" award. Oh my! Thanks Curt. My bud Janine got this award and she wanted to pass it along to me too! FUN! Thanks Janine! I would have you on my list too but Curt had to go and start the award and give it to you too! LOL! You know I think you both rock! Now I am supposed to link up to those people that I check in on regularly for inspiration. Well, I am a daily visitor at these hot spots! Just click on their names and you can take a trip to their blogs!

Sharon Johnson, Leslie Miller, Susan Roberts, Linda Duke, Faith Hofrichter, Barb Schramm, Deb Neerman, Debbie Olson, and Penny Hajiantoni.

All of these ladies have their own distinct and very inspiring styles!! They inspire me daily!!

Now for the card! I made this fun little creation for a friend who had a baby shower two weekends ago! The little dress is a retired stamp by Amuse. The rest is just decorative paper, a scalloped edge thanks to my threading water punch, some self adhesive pearls, a sewn edge... and done! I thought they turned out kind of cute. They even took the invite to a woman in town who makes cakes and she did the dress on the top of the cake with a gorgeous lattice pattern around the sides. It was to die for! Wish I had a picture! I am so terrible at that!


Well folks, today is the first day of 6th grade for my son! He was ready to kill me today because I made him get his hair cut. I got the MAAAAHHHMMM! That's pretty bad huh!?!

Go take on the day! I'll see ya back here tomorrow!

11 comments:

Penny said...

That's a nice award from Curt, so pretty! Awww, nice to know I inspire you - thank-you! :)

I love the sweet little dress , the little pearl just finishes it off beautifully!

Deb Neerman said...

LOLO, I got this from Curt today, too ... and I was GONNA send it to you!

Thanks so much for the honor, Jewels! Coming from you, it means a lot to me ... 'cuz ... ummm, you know you rock!!!

Love, love, love the card! So cute and the colors sing! You da bestest; if I grow up, I wanna be just like you!!

~Hugs!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful award Julie and you are inspiring to soooooo many people. The little dress card is sweet, your friend will love it!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

This is darling -- absolutely darling!!!! What a cute stamp!!!! MUST check that out!!!!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

Oops, got so enamored with that little dress card I forgot to say -- THANK YOU -- for the inspiration award and link, but it is YOU who inspires ME daily!!! LOL!!! THANK YOU!!!

Janine said...

I love this baby shower card!!!
Fun award from Curt huh?? Such a nice guy!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Love that stamp and of course how you used it...so cute. Cutie Patootie. Congrats on your award for inspiration, I too was blessed to get one from Curt. MOM

Anonymous said...

Thank you, Julie! This means a lot coming from one who offers a never ending source of inspiration. Love your pretty little dress card--so cute and girly!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet card! Love it!

Great award for you and you passed it on to some other great stampers!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful and congrats on the award.

Shirley said...

Julie, all your cards are gorgeous. Red is my favorite color, too. This is a big step for your daughter today as she enters the world of learning. I was a teacher for 37 years, and the first day of school was hard for parents no matter what grade. Of course, after a few days they were thankful they now had some free time at home. Sending you hugs. It's much harder on you than it is on her! If she has any of your creativity, she will shine!
Shirley L.
Roseville,Ca