Friday, July 18, 2008

Stamp Simply 44-- Purple and Flowers

Hi All! Gosh, where did this week go? Seriously? Can it be the weekend already? Not that I am complaining - don't get me wrong. It just felt like this week whipped by at lightning speed!

With each and every Friday comes a brand new Stamp Simply challenge courtesy of the lovely Sharon Johnson! This week, the challenge is purple and flowers. BUT, your flowers don't have to be purple - you just have to have the color purple on your card with flowers! You can check out the details at Sharon's blog-- HERE! She is actually lucky enough to be at CHA right now - but she's still on top of it all!
My card is actually a card you could make in 10- minutes if you had to. All I did was cut out some 1-1/2" squares and then layered them onto squares I cut out with my scalloped square Nestabilities die (the one that is slightly smaller than a 2" square). I inked up the checkered lily from the Spring Ephemerals set from Flourishes and made sure to get different parts of the flower on each square. I used Sweet Plum and Bamboo Leaves Momento inks and I added some darker green accents with a dark green Tombow marker on the leaves. The paper is Basic Grey Euphoria and the ribbon is a lavender sheer. The saying, "smile," is from the Floral Fantasy set - also from Flourishes! After I matted all the pieces, I added some small self adhesive pearls just to give it a little more pop! This card base is actually from a set I bought from Hero Arts - the card measures 6 by 3 and comes with envelopes that remind me of the kind you get at the bank with the side flap. It's a pretty fun size to work with !

If you want more inspiration - check out what some of the other gals from the Stamp Simply team did! Dee bowed out this week because that lucky duck is at CHA!

Janine
Jennifer
Tammy

Have a fabulous weekend! Stop by again soon!




20 comments:

Lee said...

Wow!! Just gorgeous!! And the pearls are such a beautiful accent!!! I love the long layout and the sheer ribbon!!! Amazing card Julie!!!

Lesli said...

Beautiful card Julie. Purple is my favorite color! I'm with you - I wish I was at CHA!

Cat Tidwell said...

This is gorgeous! What a neat idea too, I have such a hard time with the 'long' cards, lol.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! I love the little pearl details! Perfect!!

Janine said...

Another beauty Julie!! Love it!!
Hope you have a great weekend.
Talk soon

Anonymous said...

Very pretty

The Rubber Maid said...

Love this different size card. We all tend to stick to the old regular and this is a great change. Love your card and especially love that ribbon. MOM

Anonymous said...

beautiful! I love the colors and your scallop squares!

Tammy Hershberger said...

Lovely, Julie! Nice layout and gorgeous colors! (I too feel like the week just whipped by only I wish Saturday was over with too, since I have to work!) Have a great weekend!

Alex said...

Just beautiful Julie - wow! I Love the colors and the scallops!! I too wish I was at CHA!!!! *STAMPIN HUGS* Alex

krcrafts said...

Congratulations on making it into the Top 15!!!

Beautiful card!!

ReneeK said...

You've been tagged! Details at http://themessonmydesk.blogspot.com/

Lovely gd Cee said...

so glad i got to see you at the store today. i have been wanting to visit your blog because i knew you have one. finally (squeals)!
amazing cards and your stamping haven is a heaven:)

Kim said...

Oh I just love your card...such a different layout! Hey, I just signed up for the papercrafts forum so I could see if you were in the top 15!! CONGRATULATIONS JULIE!!!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card hun! I'm really starting to like the long cards. Your right this week has gone by like lightening.

Janine said...

Hi Julie
Congrats on making the TOP 15 in Idol!!

Linsey R said...

OH, Julie-this is a real beauty! I love how you made the tulip on each panel at a slightly different angle and this color combo is wonderful! Awesome card, as always and if I can't be a CHA, looking at my friends fabulous blogs is the next best thing! :) hugs and have a great weekend!

wendyp said...

oh Wow! This is gorgeous! Love the colors and love those flowers!

Mescrap said...

Congratulation on the Top 15 Idol !

Love this card ! You're really great in Card Making.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Julie! Aww...I missed out on this challenge, because I just made a card with my fab new spring Ephemerals, but all in Rose reds! A day sooner and it would have been purple! :)It seems everyone's at CHA! Last year at this time I didn't even know what CHA was and now I wish I was there too! ;)
smiles,Deena