Saturday, July 26, 2008

News, BFFs And A Tag!

YIPPEE SKIPPY! I just got the news yesterday that I made it to the top ten of the Papercrafts Gallery Idol contest! Can't honestly believe it. I am super excited though. The next challenge is to make a card with a quote as its focus. So, I thought - "I don't really have any quotes!" What am I going to do? So, I say - I'll just go down and check to see if I have even one quote stamp. I have 13. Can you believe a girl doesn't even really know what she has??!?? I told my younger brother about the challenge and you know what he said? "I got one for you - you could quote Winston Churchill." I said, "What's the quote?" "I may be drunk, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly." HAHAHAHAHA! I still haven't checked to see if Winston Churchill actually said that. Brothers. I tell ya! Anyway, the cards will be up Monday so check back then about links and how to vote!! Thanks to all of you who have supported me!! YOU ROCK!


I got a fun award this week that I plan to pass on!! Paylin passed this on! How fun! I'm honored!! BTW, you should check out Paylin's site. She is amazingly talented when it comes to using punches creatively! Back to the award--- I hand this on to Deb, Diane, Jennifer, Barb, Janine, and MOM! And....Renee tagged me! I have to find 7 things to share that you might not know. Well I have had this tag before so finding something new might be really, really tough! But, I'll try! Meantime, I'll try not to bore you! Some of these my be repetitive because let's face it -- my life is only so interesting! LOL!

1. One of my "trips of a lifetime" was to L.A. to see the Grammy Awards. I was on the red carpet reporting for the CBS affiliate that I worked for at the time. Blue man group crashed my liveshot and made freaky faces at me!
2. My dad was an amateur race car driver -- thus my love for fast cars. It's genetic. It has to be!
3. I have a '77 Corvette that is a work in progress.
4. I'm afraid of heights.
5. My favorite color is red.
6. I could eat pizza every day of the week - veggie, barbeque chicken, regular - any flavor - just love it!
7. I've never traveled outside of North America.

I'm supposed to tag 7 people but why don't we just do this -- Wanna play? Just leave me a comment! I'd love to read your answers!

Ok... well now that your officially asleep from all that - hope you have a great Saturday! I'll be back tomorrow!

10 comments:

Janine said...

CONGRATULATIONS JULIE!!! I was trying to navigate the Papercrafts site but to no avail. I am glad you are in the top ten.
and Thank you soooooo much for the award... I will get it up on my blog asap.
Have a great weekend. I am baking bread now!!

NancyK said...

Hi Julie - a huge and well deserved congratulations to you!!! Soon you will be walking that red carpet and taking the PC first prize to call your own!!

Deb Neerman said...

Hey, Jewels, congrats!!!! No worries; you're gonna win this thang!

Also, I awarded you this same award on my blog, lol! It's scheduled to post up tomorrow ... but thank you so much!!! YKYR!!

And I got a whole different set of rules to play by; one 'rule' was to pass it on to 5 bloggers you follow religiously, link back to the giver, and one of the recipients had to be a fairly new visitor from another country. Isn't it weird how things get all changed around?!? It's like that old game, "Telephone."

I'm honored to receive this from you, Jewels, and I {heart} you big lots!

~HUG-E-lettes!

Lovely gd Cee said...

A corvette? ohhhh, ah!

the number 1>>> really seriously? that is like so totally cool!

w. churchill... after you told me about that quote at the store, i think your bro' is just playing our minds^:)although, i need to tell drunken friends about that, i think they'll think it's funny even when they are sober:)

huge and biggest congrats on papercrafts! Booyah! i really hope you'll get that spot:)

always great to see you although it's a good thing that we dont' work together or we'll never get things done:)

Anonymous said...

of course you made it to the top ten! How could you even doubt that girl! Start working on your speech and have your gown all picked out!

Diane said...

Woohoo! You go girl!!! Of course you won,I had no doubt in my mind!
I nominated you for the same award,
great minds think alike,hehe!!!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on making it to the next level! I can imagine this must be nerve racking and I will head over there now to see if I can find your card!

Unknown said...

CONGRATS on being in the top 10 in the Papercrafts Idol Gallery contest! You have great talent and I've been voting for you!

Kerry said...

Top 10!! Way to go.

Churhill is attributed with saying something close to what you bro quoted. There are a couple of variations:

Bessie Braddock: Sir, you are drunk.
Churchill: And you, madam, are ugly. But in the morning, I shall be sober.

Lee said...

Congrats!!!! I totally can believe your Top Ten!!! You are amazing!!! And congrats also on such a fun award!!