Thursday, May 1, 2008

Take Me To The River....

Well folks, no luck. I was all set to share a new card that I made last night and no camera battery - it's dead. Do I have a back up? Well...... no. So, I thought it might be nice to take a break from cards and share some of my family time with you all! I had these on my computer from a recent trek. I often talk about taking family walks down by the river. We are really blessed to live within walking distance of the Yellowstone. And, we love it! There is an island behind our home that off shoots of the river surround.

This is the bridge that takes us to the island. The weeds look reddish color because that is the sunset making them glow... I can't wait 'til everything greens up. It will be even prettier out here! Here's hubby and our dog Maggie. Downstream there's a beaver just munching and swimming away. I tried to take a picture, but it kind of looks like those old Big Foot photos - grainy and blurry! Darn thing wouldn't sit still. Can you believe it? :-)
We did see this family of Canadian geese. Aren't those babies darling????
And, these are the kiddos. Their favorite part of our walks is the time they get throwing rocks. As you can see, they'll never run out!!

So, that's my family and one of our favorite things to do together! Hope I didn't bore ya!!


Before I go, I wanted to say thanks to my bud Bela of Bela's Creating Place who gave me the Bloggin' Friend Award! How Sweet! I'm not sure if I'm supposed to pass it on.... but here's what I'll do. How about I offer you an invitation to take this and give it to someone who brightens your day! Spread a little cheer!


From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life~ Arthur Ashe

14 comments:

Chris said...

Love those photos!! I just can't believe how big Cal has gotten!! I guess that they do grow up. I just always remember him as that cute little 2 year old with white blonde hair and big blue eyes. Hmmm, I really feel old today! We do have some wonderful places to walk here around Billings.

Trish D said...

Ah, the memories! Just another thing I miss about Billings... walking along the Delaware just isn't the same (Look, kids! It's an oil drum! Ooh, and watch out for that syringe :)

Annapurna said...

How boring...now show us the cards!
Are you kidding? It is nice once in a while to see something else other than just pretty cards. Thanks for sharing them with us. We have a creek that flows behind our yard and our favorite thing to do is get in there and catch craw dads and throw rocks to see how many jumps and compete with each other on bouncing the rock.

Janine said...

Thanks for sharing Julie!!! Fabulous pics...
Have a great day!!!

Diane said...

Oh you guys are so lucky to have such a beautiful place to walk through!! Beautiful pics Julie!!
You'll have to get hubby to take a pic of you out there!
Have a wonderful day,love those Canadians geese eh!!!LOL!

Anonymous said...

As much as you give, you gotta have one AWESOME life. Sure enjoyed the "walk" with your and your family. Hope you do it again this summer, so we can see the green, too. Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

julie, the photos are beautiful!!!!

The Rubber Maid said...

Lovely place to pass the time of day. I know the kids love that and especially feeding the ducks etc. Your photography is wonderful. MOM

Laura Davis said...

Awwww, Julie I love the photos of your family time! It's fun to see the other side of peoples lives:)
Laura

stampinganja said...

I was checking your nice blog for ideas and saw your pictures.
How lucky you are to have this so close to home.

Curt in Indy said...

Thanks for sharing the photos! You know me, I especially liked the picture with your dog Maggie! I'm a huge dog fan as you know from the pics of my "boys" on my blog. I agree with the others, it's nice to see other aspects of our lives.

Best, Curt

Jennifer Buck said...

How very sweet! ...and lucky you! What a wonderful place to live! Gorgeous! Hope you are having a great day! :)

Penny said...

Oh you live in a beautiful part of the world! nice to see photos of your family having fun :)

Dianette Seda said...

Your pics are lovely. I felt like being there after seeing them enjoying the river so much. Take care!