Tuesday, March 11, 2008

A rose is a rose....


A few weeks ago, my friend Phyl had a demo using marl paper and markers. The goal was to show just how easy it is to create this watercolored look, without paints and without a ton of water. Well, I have had this Impression Obsession stamp for years and only used it a few times. Shame on me! I took it out and thought, why not use just a part of the stamp? This rose stamp is actually part of a trio. You can click HERE to see the full stamp.

Think of the gift sets you could do with each tag being a different element on the card? How cool would that be? Anyway, the idea with the marl paper is to dampen it, apply your color and then use an aquapainter to blend and move the color around. It's amazing what you can do with this technique! I used sepia, olive green, carmine red, and a light aqua. After painting it up and cutting it out, I matted it on some K & Company dp, used my scalloped and classic rectangle Nesties, my SU slit punch for the scallop, added a saying and some hardware and I was done. The painting took the longest, but since I LOVE to watercolor, it was a relaxing way to spend part of my afternoon!

Here's a close up of the watercolored tag....

Well, soon the week will be half over... hope you are having a good one!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Janine said...

Julie This is a so gorgeous... I love the stamp... Will have to see if that came in the I.O. order yesterday...
How are you ?? Hope all is well !!

Penny said...

Ooh, gorgeous!! The colours are so beautiful, really shabby chic :)

Diane said...

Hey busy girl!!Such a beauty!!!
All is ok at this end,did a couple of cards yesterday,trying to get ahead. Have a great hump day!

Anonymous said...

This is so pretty! Pink roses are my favorites, especially antique ones. Thanks for giving me a peek at the first of June (and HOPEFULLY warmer weather).

Anonymous said...

Fabulous looking card! Great coloring!

Catherine said...

love every detail on this card...very pretty!

Mescrap said...

Love this vintage rose

Jennifer Buck said...

This is just stunning! Oh my goodness! I love it! Thanks for sharing and have a great night! :)

Lesli said...

WOW Julie - beautiful card!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!!
Dee

Shirley said...

Hi Julie! A really beautiful card! Can you tell me who the word Blessed belongs to. Not good English. Ha! I have looked everywhere to try not to bother you, but to no avail! TIA