Monday, January 7, 2008

Copy Cat Creation


It's OK to copy every now and then.... isn't it? Well, when I saw this type of creation from the fabulous Sharon Johnson, I thought, wow, that is such an elegant card. And... simple too! I think she should submit it to Take Ten! Maybe we should all tell her that!! You can see her card by clicking HERE. Even after I made mine, I still like hers more. There is something about chocolate and gold that is sooooo striking!

I, of course, used different stamps. I used one of the new Valentine's stamps from Impression Obsession.. It's actually part of a clingable set from Leigh Hannan.

Not much to explain here- stamp and emboss the heart in gold, mat the square on a coordinating piece of card stock, punch two ribbon holes, string ribbon through, tie a bow and mat the entire piece onto a card matted with dp!

Thanks Sharon for the inspiration! You rock!

13 comments:

Jackie said...

Wow - that is so beautiful! I saw Sharon's card and agree that she should submit it, but I think you should submit this one, too!

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

I love it - it's GORGEOUS!!! That is one beautiful heart stamp as well!!! Love the red and gold -- very striking and, yes, I probably will submit it - I have an envelope going in soon!!! Thanks for the encouragement!!!

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Rubber Maid said...

Love your card, it is awesome.

Janine said...

Oh I love this one. The red is so striking !!

Mescrap said...

It's such a gorgeous card!
Love the golden heart.

Dawn Wheeler said...

Wow this card is so stylish and gorgeous ,love it ,Dawnx

Jennifer Buck said...

This is such a beautiful card! I love it! Thanks so much for sharing! :)

Chris said...

Beautiful card, Julie. Thanks for sharing!!

Penny said...

You've been blogging away like mad!! Love this, very elegant , the big bow is perfect to finish it off. I love the pink one a bit down too!

tyrymom29 said...

Gorgeous card !!!! WOW

Juliana said...

LOVELY!!
I love this stamp!!

Kanani said...

So pretty!