Tuesday, December 18, 2007

A Quiz and a KISS (Keep It Simple Silly-part 2)

Take The Christmas Quiz!
This quiz courtesy of the lovely "Aunt T." AKA Teresa Chapman!
Thought with Christmas a week away... we could all get a little more in the spirit! Want to take the quiz? Consider yourself "tagged!" Just write a comment with the link so everyone can check out your answers!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Chocolate (with a little Baileys is always nice!)
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa wraps!
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored lights - kids picked this year!
4. Do you hang mistletoe? No
5. When do you put up your decorations? The first weekend in December
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Brie baked in puff pastry with a Pecan Apricot glaze... YUM!
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child? I always loved our family Christmas parties when my mom would have the whole family over. When I say "whole family" I mean whole family -aunts, uncles, cousins, grandparents---the works! It usually ended up to be a part of 30-40 some people!
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What? There's no Santa?? :-)
9. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? Colored lights, red glittery toule, fun ornaments created by the kids, and lots of red, and green bulbs in different shapes and sizes.
10. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Dread it. Why do I live in Montana??? Oh, that's right, I love the rivers and mountains.
11. Can you ice skate? It's been so long I can't remember!
12. Do you remember your favorite gift? My muscle car! It's a '77 black Corvette! Love it!
13. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Time with family and friends, baking, giving gifts!
14. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Almond Roca
15. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Going to Christmas eve mass, coming home to nothing but the lit tree and eating a light dinner next to the tree with my hubby and kids. No tv, no distractions, just us!
16. What tops your tree? A lit angel.
17. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? GIVING for sure! I love to spoil my family.
18. What is your favorite Christmas Song? Too many to pick from! I like White Christmas a ton.
19. Candy Canes-as decorations or to eat? To eat!

Now... for a card!


Here's part two of Keepin' It Simple!
I just took some 2 sided patterned paper, used my Marvy mega punch in a rectangle and punched out a hole in the lower right hand corner. From there, I assembled some larger paper flowers (can't remember brand!) and layered them with smaller flowers and bling so that they would show through the window. I cut a paper strip and assembled it on the front of my card with a ribbon slide made from my Quick Kutz ribbon die. That's it! I think finding the embellishments in a drawer would take longer than this card! I think it would be fun to make a whole bunch in coordinating colors as a set for a friend!

Off for now! Work awaits! :-)

5 comments:

Charlotte said...

Great card again! Simple, but very beautiful!

I took a look into your stamproom and I love it!!! Wow... wish I would have a room for my crafting stuff! ;) Well... it's always good to have a dream, right? ;)

TFS!

NancyK said...

What a terrific card - the colors just pop out!

Nancy
SBS5

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Diane said...

Lovely card TFS!!!

Ann said...

Love the card. Love the re-design of your blog, too! I tried to comment yesterday, but couldn't remember my username. Duh.

Merry Christmas!