Thursday, September 20, 2007

Warm fuzzies....


This card is one to warm the heart on the coldest days! I struggled actually with the design a bit. I wanted those little strings hanging off and connecting the mittens, but no matter what I did, it didn't seem to look right! Thus, the ribbon came into play. I think it works. The background was created with Versamark Ink and Pearl Ex Micro Pearl. I just stamped with the ink and then brushed on the powder than burnished it with a soft felt rag that I keep in my stamping stash. I love this technique for winter cards because it is such a soft and shimmery look. All stamps are Impression Obsession The snowflake is actually a red rubber stamp from Leah Hannon's line. The mittens come from a clear set called Warmest Holiday Wishes and the saying is from a awesome clear set that features only holiday sayings called Christmas Sentiments. It's nice when the hardest part of the card is cutting out mittens!

Off for now! Have a good one!

No comments: