Friday, June 20, 2008

Sketch Challenge Fun!

Well, if you stopped by the Gina K. Forum on SCS tonight, you might be cross-eyed right now. It's lightning speed fun with a bunch of stampin' addicts, tons of samples, challenges and contests - it's enough to make your head spin!!

This was one of the cards I revealed on the forum. It's Gina's new 1 Free with Three set. Buy three stamp sets and you get this baby free! I love the flowers that are a part of this set. So elegant and timeless! This card is rather simple! I stamped it in black and then colored it with Tombow markers. The cracked glass on the vase was outlined with my Copic Spica clear pen to make it look sparkly - like cracked glass! The decorative paper is actually something (gasp) I got at Dollar Tree. It's the Miss Elizabeth's collection. Not too shabby! Do you see the bling on my card? It's some new bling in the Gina K. Designs store! They are self adhesive rhinestones. What is so cool about this is that the set comes with varying sizes and multiple colors!

Now, for the fun part..... do you like the card's layout? Well, here's the actual sketch that you can try - there are even prizes on the line!!!

All you need to do is use my sketch and make a creation by Tuesday night, June 24th at 7 PM central. So grab your Gina K. Design stamps if you own them and put them to use! If you don’t own any (yet) PLEASE play along! The more the merrier! We know that you’ll be addicted to Gina’s stamps sooner or later!Upload your card on SCS using the keyword "JUNEGKDJK" and be sure to link back to the thread on the Gina K. Forum. On Tuesday night, I’ll take all the entries posted and pick a winner out of a hat. The winner will be announced on Wednesday. Guess what you win??? Any Gina K. stamp set valued at $18.95 or less!

So what are you waiting for! Can't wait to see what you cook up!!!

p.s. If you missed the previews I shared on the forum - check back this coming week. I'll have them all here eventually!! :-)

11 comments:

The Rubber Maid said...

Love the card and especially the color of it. I don't know if I have any Gina K's stamps..naughty me but I love what you did as usual. MOM

Sharon (notimetostamp) said...

What a great card -- love the sketch and that $ Store paper -- LOL!!!

Sue from Oregon said...

Wow, those colors are amazing!

Curt in Indy said...

Gorgeous card Julie! These are great colors, and it does look very elegant! Curt

Judy Rozema said...

Fantastic vibrant colors!! I love this!

Laura Davis said...

beautiful card & a beautiful sketch!!!
You have been tagged Julie:)
Laura

Heather said...

Gorgeous card! Did you weave the background or is it DP? Stunning.

Anonymous said...

very pretty I love the bright colors!

Jennifer Buck said...

ADORABLE! Julie, this is so pretty! LOVE it! HOpe you are doing well! ;)

Jacki Marie said...

questionne'? How big is your card?
Hmm. I thought I already told you that this card was awesome. Did say so over at SCS?

Tanya said...

Well, I don't have Gina K stamps (YET!) and I also don't belong to SCS, but I DID like your sketch, so if you want to see what I did, here it is! :)
http://tanyastampsnthings.blogspot.com/2008/06/yellows-n-greens.html